• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help for an illusionist character

Khitan

Explorer
I hope this is the right place for this topic xD

I've been gone for a while but I'm back asking for your help again, this time with D&D 3.5 rules. I'm looking for advices for my 15th lvl Human Wizard(10)/Master of the Absurd(5). I've looked around but I couldn't ind much^^

Concept: Daughter of a noble family was sent to a magic accademy because she was a troublemaker. She's an eccellent student, with the best grades in her group, but she can't stand rules and often finds herself in trouble. She falls in love with her best friend, a classmate who's the exact opposite of her, a by the book girl. After 9 years of breaking rules and getting away with it she decides to try a powerful forbidden ritual, just to defile rules once again, and drags her loved friend with her. Something goes wrong and the summoned demon kills the girlfriend and snatch her vocal chords. Driven by guilt and anger she is expelled and charged with murder so she flees and she starts a life as a mercenary specialized in illusions (and she uses illusions to comunicate).

Allowed manuals: PH, DMG, CW, CA, CD, CAdv, Liber Mortis, RoS
Character Sheet:
Race:
Human
Class: Wizard 10 / Master of Absurd 5
Stats: STR 10 DEX 16 CON 14 INT 19 WIS 12 CHA 8
Specialization School: Illusion
Forbidden Schools: Evocation, Enchantment, Transmutation (this one from lvl 10)
Feats: Nonverbal spell (planar handbook), Collegiate Wizard (CA), Spell Focus (Illusion), Greater Spell Focus (illusion), Spell focus (Necromancy), Improved Initiative, Spell Penetration, Extended Spell (bonus mage feat), Quick Spell (bonus mage feat)
Magic Equipment: Robe of the archmage, Boots of levitation, Gloves of dexterity +4, Headband of Intellect +6, Medallion of thoughts, Bag of Holding type I, Boccob's blessed book, Bracers of health +2

That's what I created 'till now^^ I still have 34.500 golds to spend (I spent some in new spells^^) and I'd appreciate every possible advice about feats, spells, magic items and stuff like that. I'm not interested in Hardcore Optimization, I just wnat to play a character who can do something and be usefull with some fluff stuff just because it's cool^^ (like the Nonverbal Spell feat that I took just because I decided tu play a mute character xD)

Thx^^

Khitan

Explorer
You can find it in Nephandum^^
My master allowed me to use the class but nothing more. Basically you loose one other school but you become very specialized in illusions, adding bonus to DC of illusion's spells, CL checks involving illusion and some funny stuff added to the illusion spell types. It's not the most optimizes prestige class fo wizards but I love the flavour and I'm going to play it xD

Dandu

First Post
Ah, third party.

Well, I can't offer much advice on a prestige class I don't know about, but you might want to ban necromancy instead of transmutation.

Last edited:

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
I have to second Dandu, I'm not familiar with that material. Does a legal reference to this PrC exist anywhere on the internet for me to look over to better help you?

Khitan

Explorer
Of course you don't knowe Nephandum... I just found out that it's an italian creation and it exist only in Italy xD (Yes... I'm italian^^).

Basically the Master of Absurd is a guy who has seen what lays beyond the reality and went nuts. Now he tries to show what he's seen to others with his illusion^^
He abandons another magic school and gives the PC bonus on DC with illusion spells, bonus to CL checks to overcome SR, bonus on the saves against illusion spells, his illusions are not automatically revealed by "true seeing" and stuff like that, desbelieving his illusions is more difficult (-4 to the saves of others), illusion spells of the subschool "pattern" double the number of hit dice that they can influence and he can make a special CL check to overcome any spell or magic effect that protect his target from his "allucination" spells.
There's other stuff but it's later on and I don't think we will reach another level so it doesn't count xD

Basically the Master of absurd is focused in making illusion spells stronger^^

Now... any advice regarding spells, magic items, feats, ecc...?^^

Remove ads