help me build a juggernaut

Havoc123456

First Post
ok. so my dm is setting up an epic level adventure with 40 gestalt levels and the dm is encouraging power gaming. this is supposed to be a relatively short adventure as all of the characters are going to be fighting eachother in a huge labrynth. i want to make a marvel juggernaut-like character who smashes stuff with his fists. we arent allowed templates or any races with level adjustment, so i am going to play an orc. so far i have brb20/ftr20//orc paragon3/rgr2(for two weapon fighting)/war hulk10/frenzied berserker10(for awesome power attack)/legendary dreadnought10. i have five extra levels and i was wondering what would be best to put them in. what do you think? ps. i asked the dm if i could pay to get permenantly enarlged @lv 5 to become warhulk. my thing is how to make sure i dont get destroyed by spells. i would like to gain more off hand attacks, but i can raise my dex somehow to do take the necessary feats.

Last edited:

kitcik

Adventurer
Fighter 20? Really? Power-gaming?

I am an idiot when it comes to optimizing but I can upgrade that. Take those levels + 3 of the extra 5:

Fighter 2
Warblade 20
Monk 1

Havoc123456

First Post
i didnt even think of the warblade. i dont have the book of the nine swords, but my friend does. i have never played one, but i think i can give it a try. the problem with monk is that i have barbarian too, and i want to keep the rage so i cant be lawful.

That Darn DM

First Post
Does Legendary Dreadnought come with SR? If not, the DR should help. What you might want to try and look out for is the old Stone to Mud spells and what not. So, try and find some SR and definitely try to plan ahead for breathing and mind effects. Mages will mess you up with spells other than damage.

Fallenibilis

First Post
i didnt even think of the warblade. i dont have the book of the nine swords, but my friend does. i have never played one, but i think i can give it a try. the problem with monk is that i have barbarian too, and i want to keep the rage so i cant be lawful.

Theres always Chaos Monk which has flailing strike arguably a cooler and more effective ability then flurry of blows, doing this will net you SR and an cool Displacement type ability.

Perhaps think of away to get third level Arcane Spells for Greater Mighty Wallop for Massive Damage per hit. Also Retributive Amulet will keep you up and you enemy's down.

Hope that helps a little.

Havoc123456

First Post
Theres always Chaos Monk which has flailing strike arguably a cooler and more effective ability then flurry of blows, doing this will net you SR and an cool Displacement type ability.

Perhaps think of away to get third level Arcane Spells for Greater Mighty Wallop for Massive Damage per hit. Also Retributive Amulet will keep you up and you enemy's down.

Hope that helps a little.
where is the chaos monk found. that might be good to look into

Havoc123456

First Post
where is the chaos monk found. that might be good to look into
actually, i just looked it up. its in dragon 335. i looked up its stats and i kinda like it. so to get the best SR and saves, im now thinking ch mnk40//orc paragon3/warblade17/warhulk10/legendary dreadnought10. i kinda want to add in 6 levels of fighter in there somewhere to get the dungeon crasher thing from dungeonscape. what do you all think?

Dandu

First Post
yeah. i saw the cloack of spell resistance, but i dont think that will be enough. is there a way to upgrade it or something?
A Mantle of Spell Resistance grants SR 21. This is insufficient against a spellcaster of level 15, much less one who may have a CL of 40. Even the Mantel of Epic spell resistance only provides 40 SR, which is not enough.

If you want an item with enough SR, you will have to ask for a custom item.

Even then, it won't protect from Conjurations...

Remove ads