help me build a juggernaut

Dandu

First Post
Need a way of getting around Mindsight, Blindsight, Tremorsense, and Scent.

I think the Darkstalker feat does that.

But just to let you know what you might be facing (granted, only from people like me...):

A level 20 caster can be immune to being flat-footed (either by Shapechanging into a Minotaur for hours, or casting Foresight) and can always act first if he has Contingency or Celerity, so even if you get the drop on him first, you'll be going second.

At level 20. God knows what happens at level 40.

Last edited:

Fallenibilis

First Post
Go Rogue 37 and 3 Scout on the one side and take the swift ambusher feat so your rogue levels stack with your scout levels for skirmish ability.

If you want to go ninja you can but i would take a few levels of monk/chaos monk and take Ascestic Stalker so your ninja and monk levels stack for Unarmed Strike damage.

Or you could go spell thief/Black Guard/Assassin/Unseen Seer for other actual sneak attack progressing classes.

With rogue take the Penetrating strike class feature from dungeonscape (makes rogues worth playing as a melee class).

ANd the Craven feat will make you do sick damage as it does 1 additonal damage per character level on any sneak attack.

Telling Blow if you figgure out a way to get lots of crits will let you deliver both your sneak attack and skirmish damage on your crits

oh this might help you out a bit....

LINGERING DAMAGE [EPIC]
Prerequisite: Sneak attack +8d6, crippling strike class feature.
Benefit: Any time the character deals damage with a sneak attack, that target takes damage equal to the character’s sneak attack bonus damage on the character’s next turn as well.

Combined with darkstalker and the spell Blacklight/Greater Invisability cast upon yourself via UMD makes for awesome damage potential.

P.S. get the Bracers of Murder from the Drow of the Underdark lets you reroll any 1's you roll for sneak attack damage plus a slight bonus to to hit and damage when making a sneak attack.

P.S.S. Darkstalker is found in The Lords of Madness

P.S.S.S. An alternative to getting them flat-footed, is stunning them via either stunning fist or the Sudden Stunning enchantment from DMG2 for a DC of at the very least 30 (more with a good Cha) and last time i checked wizards, clerics, & druids reflex saves bite.

Last edited:

TanisFrey

First Post
dude, i might have to give that a try, something like ninja40//rogue40. awesome backstab damage. 40+d6. plus epic skill focus on hide and move silent. you'll never see me coming lol
You need to trade in some of that rouge or ninja for something like shadow dancer 10 and conciser other PRC that give sneak attack.

Swashbuckler 40/Rogue 30/Shadow dancer 10 has some interesting possibilities.

Fallenibilis

First Post
Lets give the Juggernaut idea another shot:
Dwarf

Lets Say a 28 point buy im assuming it will be higher but hey i want to be safe.
Str 14
Dex 10
Con 20
Int 10
Wis 10
Cha 6

After the +10 ability points you get for leveling your new stats are
Str 20
Dex 10
Con 24
Int 10
Wis 10
Cha 6

With the item listed below
Str 26
Dex 16
Con 36
Int 10
Wis 10
Cha 6

In a Frenzy

Str 36
Dex 16
Con 46
Int 10
Wis 10
Cha 6

First half of the build- 10 Chaos Monk, 10 Zerth Cenobite/10 Lion totem Barbarian for pounce, Frenzied Berserker 10.

This gets you Full Saves, Full BAB, D 12 hit die, High Movement, Frenzy, Pounce, and some Psionic Buffs, Along with some other cool abilitys.

The second half saves and BAB dont matter as every character over level 20 get the same saves and BAB.

So for the second Half 1 Ranger,19 Scout ( so you can get swift hunter so you can skirmish against any undead or constructs that wizards/Clerics have following them around)/DeepWarden 2 (for Con to AC instead of Dex),1 Fist of the Forest, 2 Fighter( for bonus feats) (for Con to AC instead of Wisdom),Swashbuckler 7 (for Acrobatic Charge), Rogue 8 (take Daring Outlaw so your swashbuckler and rogue levels stack for sneak attack, and take penetrating strike so your sneak attack can effect undead and constructs).

This gets you Skirmish (5d6 and +4 to AC), Constant freedom of movement, additonal 20 foot movement, Blindsense, a +2 to both your fort save and initative, +6 strength, the abilty to charge over anything, Sneak attack 8d6 letting you qualify for things like Lingering damage.

Feat suggestions: you get 14 for levels, 9 bonus feats from scout, Chaos Monk, And fighter so 21 over all-Improved Natural attack (Unarmed Strike), Daring Outlaw, Cleave, Power attack, Desructive Rage, Intimidating Rage, DarkStalker, Mage Slayer, Pierce Magical Concealment, Pierce Magical Protection, Great Fortitude (to qualify for Fist of the Forest), Flying Kick, Knockdown, Epic Damage Reduction.

Monk BF- Stuning fist, Deflect arrows, Improved trip
Fighter BF- Improved Bull Rush (to get Shock trooper), Shock Trooper
Scout BF- Swift Hunter, Improved Skirmish ( to get Skirmish to +7d6 and +6 Ac when you move at least 20 feet, Blind fight (to get pierce magical Concealment), Endurance (to qualify for Stone Warden).

As for Equipment im not sure your wealth total. So ill go with 4,000,000 for kicks and giggles. Using the MIC magic item combination rules

Weapon: Amulet of Natural Attack +5 , Greater Wounding, Mage bane (making a +10 weapon equivalent), Retributive Amulet. Price 484,600
+5 to hit and damage, 2 points of consitiution damage on every hit, +3 to hit and damage and 2d6 damage against Arcane Casters, and a +2 Sacred bonus to AC and any damage you take from a melee attack is cut in half and the one who hit you takes the other half of the damage and there DR doesn’t negate it.
Armor Boasting: Star Mantle Cloak, Mantel of Great Stealth, Cloak of Epic Resistance +8. Price 1,080,000
Reflex save 15 to take half damage on any attack weapon attack, +8 to all saves, +30 competance bonus to move silently and hide, Constant blurr effect, and Constant Non-detection meaning you wont light up like a Christmas tree with your magical items.
Other: Third Eye Conceal price 120,000
Constant Mind Blank Making cause the only way to stop Juggernaut is by attacking his mind)
Bracers of Epic Health +12, Bracers of armor +8. Price 1,536,000
For an additional +12 Con and a total to you AC +20 because of Increasement to CON
Or if your DM lets you Enchant you Bracers of Armor with like Normal Armor ( rules for this are found in Arms and Equipment Guide) you can make them +4 soulfire so now your immune to Magical Death Effects.
Ring of Greater Universal Energy Resisance Price 308,000
Restince 30 to all energy types meaning only problem is force. (if you have enough money Ring of universal energy immunity makes you untouchable.
Boots of Swiftness- Price 256,000
To make your speed 200 feet a round on a single move,up your dex to improve your reflex save, and haste.
Belt Of Giants Strength +6, Belt of Battle. Price 60,000
+6 to your Strength and gets you a second full round action once per day.
Total Price: 3,820,600 so you got some cash left over….

Your Defences:

AC if you have base (before magic) Constiution of 24 is:
53 just standing there
59 if you move 20 feet
57 if you charge at least 20 feet
if in a frenzy you get an additonal +8 to you AC your the Constitution Up.
Meaning on a charge you have a 65 AC.
Continual Blurr so 20% miss chance.
Damage Reduction 5/-
Improved Evasion
Improved Uncanny Dodge (Need to be at least a level 33 rogue to be flanked)
MindBlank (Almost Compleately negates 2 schools of Magic and foils quite a few Divinations)
Non-Detection
Energy resistance 30 all
Freedom of Movement

Saves
Fort:47
Ref:35
Will:30

Hp regardless of what you roll is +520

BAB is 30

So a single attack on a charge (full power attack not in a frenzy) is +45 to hit and 4d8 +1d12 +7d6 +73 + 2 Con damage.
And remember you get a Full Attack action on a Charge Because of Pounce.

I forgot a simple Ring of Protection +5. Price 50,000 with in your means so add +5 to those AC's.

Last edited:

ashockney

First Post
Three key advantages to monk levels would be SR, unarmed damge, and Evasion, for the build you're working to achieve.

Sadly, the monk's SR is limited unless you take it all the way as a monk or a presitge class that will stack with his diamond body class ability.

At 13th level, a monk gains spell resistance equal to her current monk level + 10. In order to affect the monk with a spell, a spellcaster must get a result on a caster level check (1d20 + caster level) that equals or exceeds the monk’s spell resistance.

Regretably, the casters can work around spell resistances and work with no save, no SR type spells or other broken mechanics: wishes, shape changes, time stops, etc.

I love your idea for a build, and I think it would be really fun. You'll want to be sure to include some fun and creative counter measures in your magic item and other class abilities.

Fallenibilis

First Post
So i check the DMG and the Wealth Total for Level 40 character is 13,600,000
about 10,000,000 more then the gear i gave you so play around with it abit but i highly suggest up grading the ring of universal energy resistance to universal energy immunity.

Havoc123456

First Post
thanks for all of the suggestions everybody. Fallen, i like your dwarf juggernaut idea, and i appreciate all of the help on both the juggernaut and the sneak attack characters. i think that i am going to make both for now, tweak whatever i need to for both flavor and power and pick whichever i think will be best for me when i need to. thanks again for all of your help.
oh, and by the way fallen, the frenzy doesnt raise your con, just your str.

Remove ads