• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me cover a Tavern Bathroom Wall with Grafitti

dougmander

Explorer
So I'm designing a tavern, and I'm working on detailing the garderobe (bathroom). So, ENWorld wits, give me some pithy scrawls to put on the walls. I'm wondering what you'd see on the walls in a vanilla fantasy tavern, the kind that "you meet in." The only rules are:

Rated PG
No WotC product identity (so referring to orcs is ok, but not illithids)

Meta-game stuff, like referring to alignment, hit points, and so on, is just fine -- this isn't meant to be serious.

I can't wait to read your responses!

taliesin15

First Post
dougmander said:
So I'm designing a tavern, and I'm working on detailing the garderobe (bathroom). So, ENWorld wits, give me some pithy scrawls to put on the walls!
"LE!" "CG!"
"For a good time, see the queen"
"My Wizard Mentor went to Eberron, and all he got me was this lousy chain shirt!"
"Just remember: no matter how good-looking she is, somebody somewhere is sick of her nonsense!"
"Cthulhu Rules, and Hastur Drools!"
"The beer in these parts taste like Orc-Ale!"
"Wasted Fawns and Wasted Knights..."
"So one day this baby seal walks into a club..."

taliesin15

First Post
there once was a lich from Falkarkin
stench was so bad he had dogs barkin
but with a potion of rue
spritzed up his flue
even faeries to his haunts do hearken

reason

First Post

Privy walls were the pre-internet: a method of communication with anonymity. So expect to find:

- the array of things people won't say in polite company or if their identity is known; e.g. candid thoughts about local politicians, strong-guys, etc.

- communication (open or coded) between repressed or outlawed groups: thieves, the possessed, elves passing as humans, etc

Reason
Principia Infecta

Aeric

Explorer
See? You don't have to be 9th level to sit a throne anymore.

Smell flowers? Thank an elf.

What did the wizard get from the toliet seat? Staph of the Magi.

Remove ads