• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me find a Book?

Title as best I can remember it : Code of the Lifegiver

For some reason I've started thinking about this Sci-Fi novel, read decades ago. Of course, when this happens, there's nothing to be done but track a copy down and re-read it. You've all been there at some point I'm sure. ;)

My problem is that early attempts to look it up on Amazon.com (hey, found used books there before) and Google haven't even come close. I was hoping that someone here would have a copy and might be willing to share author and/or publisher so I could try and locate a copy for myself.

I'll end up calling Uncle Hugo's tommorrow, if I remember/have time. Just want to cover all my bases.

The basic premice of the story is that a ship crashed on one of our Solar System's outter moons. Mankind (forget why) just sent a manned expedition to said moon. In the thousands (millions?) of years since the crash the self-replicating robots of the original ship have 'evolved' into an entire, if bizare by our standards, eccosystem. This is told mostly from each side's point of view, I think. It's been a LONG time.

AdamBomb

First Post
The book you're looking for is Code of the Lifemaker:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_the_Lifemaker
I actually have a first printing of this book somewhere. I remember picking it up at the grocery store because the cover looked cool. I would have been about 11. I read the first half or so, then put it down. It was a little over my head at that age.
Pretty sure I know which box it's in out in the garage...

It's almost exactly the same story for me, I saw the cover and thought "Cool!". I think I was a little older than you were since it was my own money (from the full-time job) that I spent on it. :\

Heh, let me know if you want to get rid of that book. I'll admit that I only read the whole thing through the first time. I'm not much on politics, which is all I realy remember about the 'human side' of the story. I was definately more interested in a 'race' of robotic people.

Remove ads