D&D General Help: What to do with physical books?

aco175

Legend
My suggestion as a Gen X DM who has given away, sold, and lost plenty of books in my time: Keep it all. If you absolutely can't, keep the books, and frankly, minis are bulky but lightweight, so really, unless your collection is significantly larger than your pictures show, I would just bring them all. You will never regret keeping them.
I find that I'm the opposite in that I purged all my old stuff and have not missed it. I lost my job several years ago and felt that I needed to get rid of things, so I sold all my old 1e/2e stuff. Then when 5e came around I got rid of the 3e/4e stuff. I might get rid of the 5e stuff later this year when the 5.5e comes out since I doubt I will need any of them again.

Even some of the nostalgic stuff that I kept has not been used or looked at in since the last move over 2 years ago. I kept a few old modules and setting stuff I thought I would need or like to keep, but I find if looking for something to do with FR, I can find everything online and do not need the books.

I would keep the minis though.

Remove ads