• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me lose weight

der_kluge

Adventurer
Hand of Evil said:
Water and Milk, drink lots of it.

Balance your meals; breakfast, lunch and dinner. Find out when you get hungry and adjust your meals to that time. People will get hungry and snack, then eat lunch and dinner just a hour later.

Walking or an outside hobby.

Uh, milk is extremely fattening. You'd be surprised what moving from whole milk to 1% milk will do for someone. Skim is best, of course, but I still haven't brought myself to drink skim. Looks too much like water to me. We drink 1%.

Talvisota

First Post
Don't snack - eat only at mealtimes. Our bodies were not designed to need that much food.

Plus, try changing the amount of walking to 3-4 miles per DAY.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Lhorgrim said:
Drink LOTS of water during the day, more than you think you can stand.

Stick with it. Most people can't lose weight and keep it off, unless they continue to exercise and eat healthy.

Good luck on meeting your goal. :)

Someone want to explain to me how drinking water can help you lose weight? I'm not being cynical here, I'm really curious. I've heard it before, and I just don't see the correlation.

Back on topic for a second, the key is the number of calories. Just check the number of calories on the label. The calories required for a person vary with their height and sex, but 1500 ought to be a good number of calories per day if you want to lose weight. A lot of really overweight people are put on strict 1000 calorie-a-day diets, and while hard, will shed pounds quickly. There are probably websites that will tell you how many calories per day you need to maintain zero weight gain. Just subtract a couple of hundred from that, and you're good to go.

The good aspect of this system is that you're already a gamer, so adding up numbers shouldn't be a problem for you. :) And, that caloric intake can consist of whatever the hell you want. You can eat 1500 calories of ice cream every day (probably a lot less than you'd think!) and still lose weight in this fashion (assuming 1500 is less than maximum).

Zander

Explorer
Turanil,

French isn't a problem but the diet you suggest might be. To be honest, both to you and myself, I don't think I could stick with all of it. I pretty much need a pro-biotic yogurt every few days to keep my digestion working OK and I don't think I can easily do without my low cal cereals. Also, what do you do for calcium?

Zander

Explorer
die_kluge said:
Uh, milk is extremely fattening. You'd be surprised what moving from whole milk to 1% milk will do for someone. Skim is best, of course, but I still haven't brought myself to drink skim. Looks too much like water to me. We drink 1%.
I prefer skimmed to full-fat milk, so that's not really a problem for me. Other folks might want to shift from full fat to semi-skimmed to skimmed. One way to do this gradually is to mix milk types.

Turanil

First Post
Zander said:
I pretty much need a pro-biotic yogurt every few days to keep my digestion working OK and I don't think I can easily do without my low cal cereals. Also, what do you do for calcium?
I think I have read in the book of Dr Seignalet that Calcium wasn't a problem for reason there is already ample calcium in other food (than milk) while body doesn't need that much of calcium anyway. But this is off the top of my head. See, I am lazy and only did read the 12 or so pages concerning the basic diet, not the 350 pages of scientific dissertation.

Keep on with your pro-biotic yogurt and cereals. I told you i lost 45 lb over two years, which is true; I just forgot to mention I could maybe have lost more if I didn't add butter anytime I eat rice and fish (so every day), and that i cannot live without my weekly chocolate tablet, plus sometimes (ahem, gaming sessions... :heh: ), well, I forgot anything. But after two years without starvation and say 60%-70% of what I suggest eating-not-eating, I am here in much better shape and health. (Next step: going to the gym and work out...)

Zander

Explorer
die_kluge said:
Someone want to explain to me how drinking water can help you lose weight? I'm not being cynical here, I'm really curious. I've heard it before, and I just don't see the correlation.
Water doesn't have any calories. I'm guessing that it fills you up making you feel less hungry. That's just conjecture though.

Ampolitor

Explorer
my advice

when you drink the water make sure its COLD, your body will burn more calories to warm it up o your body temperature, drink Green tea, it cleanses your body of toxins and helps get rid of rcravings for sugar. dont drink lots of Diet soda its very very high in sodium which will retain water. Eat 5 to 6 times a day to speed up your metabolism and when you eat eat fruit and SMALL items, the trick is to STOP eating once you feel full, people have the need to finish everything on their plate, its rough the first week or so but you will quickly see that you wont be abe to eat nearly as much. good luck!

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Zander said:
Water doesn't have any calories. I'm guessing that it fills you up making you feel less hungry. That's just conjecture though.
It works for me. I currently weigh 230lbs, and find that if I drink 8 large glasses of water a day (four in between each meal), I wont be hungry for at least 4 to five hours.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads