• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me (possibly) remember a book?

All of a sudden I remembered a book I read about 5-6 years ago, but it can only be called remembering in the most loose definition of the term. I remember something to do with collecting medallions or amulets or something,which I believe the main character kept on a belt, and I think the book may have been second in a series. I remember there was a fire (amulet, medallion, whatever) and I think it came out of a plant. It was a pretty big book, and I'm certain it was written by an English author because I distinctly remember (as a kid, mind you) being really annoyed by centre with an re. Now that I think about Centre may have been an important word to the plotline. It also may not have. Much more vaguely I wanna say it somehow involved "Ancients" and may have had a horse in it. I realize how random that last one seems.

Any chance this rings a bell with anyone. Google, and amazon seem to be failing me so far...

The Human Target

Adventurer
You are talking about the 1973 book The Dark Is Rising by Susan Cooper. It is the second book in the series of the same name. The first is called Over Sea, Under Stone, the third the Green Witch (I think), the fourth The Gray King, and the fifth Silver On the Tree. I loved these books as a kid and still do. Excellent read for people of all ages.

Remove ads