• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me rate my Prinny

LeifVignirsson

First Post
Yes, this is the same little creature that is featured in a lot of Nippon Ichi games but is well known for its appearence in Disgaea. Some of you have seen them, others haven't but they are the rage with the Ichi kids. Anyway, I came up with something rough and have posted a picture here so you all can see what he looks like.

The things that need to stay (to honr the game) is the flying for movement, the explosive when they are thrown bit and the two weapon fighting... Everything else I am trying to smooth out for when I toss these at players, whenever that might be.

Short background for any of you that haven't played Disgaea, the Prinnies are the containers for the souls that didn't quite make it in life, living a sort of purgetory inside of an explosive penguin's body. They are meant to labor and toil under great stress and get no reward for their efforts (If you know Nodwick, this would be the animal version of him).

Anyway, here is what I came up with, any additional ideas and input woul dbe greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

bre_76b.jpg

Prinny
Small Monstrous Humanoid
Hit Dice: 3d8+9 (21 hps)
Initiative: +1 (+1 Dex)
Speed: 20 ft., Fly 30 ft.
AC: 13 (+2 Dex, +1 Size), touch 13, flat-footed 11
Base Attack: +0
Attack: +3 melee (1d2) or by weapon
Full Attack: +3 melee (1d2) or by weapon
Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft.
Special Attacks: Explosive
Special Qualities: Low-light Vision
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +5, Will +0
Abilities: STR 10, DEX 15, CON 17, INT 10, WIS 11, CHA 8
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8, Survival +2
Feats: Endurance, Two-Weapon Fighting
Organization: Soiltary, pair or rookerie (3 to 1,000)
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral
Level Adjustment:

Explosive: When thrown by someone else, the Prinny explodes like a bomb. The explosion causes 5d6 points of damage (Ref save for half), but the Prinny's soul is retained for the next reincarnation into Prinny-hood.

CronoDekar

First Post
Haha, nice d00d! Though more critically, I'd say that they should probably have Clumsy or Poor fly movement, and that natural attack should probably be something like "slam" (it's been awhile, so I don't remember too well what their natural attack was like). Also, how easy would it be to throw? 5d6 of damage seems like quite a bit for a CR3 creature. For full completeness, you may want to create more advanced forms with the other special prinny attacks (yay Prinny God~).

Man I need to get Makai Kingdeom.

LeifVignirsson

First Post
CronoDekar said:
For full completeness, you may want to create more advanced forms with the other special prinny attacks (yay Prinny God~).

I was planning on that here pretty soon... I at least wanted to get one out there as the base, seeing that most of the Prinnies I had were these ones.

CronoDekar said:
Also, how easy would it be to throw? 5d6 of damage seems like quite a bit for a CR3 creature.

That is why I made them small, they would be easier to thro that way (thinking dwarf tossing except with penguins... from... hell... Yeah, that doesn't sound right...

As far as the CR, I wasn't computing the explosive damage, only because I wasn't anticipating someone throwing a Prinny in a one on one fight, but you do have a point. I will have to work on that a bit, maybe do a scaling amount or something...

CronoDekar said:
Man I need to get Makai Kingdeom.

Actually, the story is really short and sweet. You can unlock all the characters from Disgaea on it, but you would have to go through the story multiple times... They aren't even a part of the story like they were in Phantom Brave (You know, that extra bonus chapter).

Thanks for the input, I am going to teak it out some!

Remove ads