• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me thwart my DM and save our life! Wand usage...

questionmark

First Post
Here is my point if I am understanding this right you cann't say the command word for someone elses wand you have to fucus on it so you can really only focus on one wand at a time. don't know if this helps or not but there you go.

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Hypersmurf said:

Unless a Druid Awakens the tree. Then it'd be an incorporeal creature, and subject to Disintegrate...

Actually, I'm loving the idea of incorporeal trees. I think having an incorporeal forest in your courtyard would be pretty cool.

Plus, I have this image in my head of a Druid using an oak tree, an incorporeal oak tree, and Tree Stride to approximate Ghostform...

-Hyp.

Oooo. Awaken! Imagine a forest of incorporeal Awakened trees, dropping the occasional Incorporeal Acorn Token: Tree, where Ethereal Filchers and incorporeal dryads can hide! The possibilities are endless! A Charm Plants spell (researched) would be priceless!

*shivers*

Andargor

Last edited:

kreynolds said:

The Chaingun of Magic Missile is certainly new, and its most certainly a challenge, but it is in no way innovative and it is in no way fun, as is evident by the first post in this thread.

Actually, there was something similar in a previous edition of the game, I'm going to guese 2E. There were these crystals that could discharge energy, I forget what type or how powerful, and the people that grew them encased then into thes phaser looking handles. The hand gun had to be manualy rotated when each crystal was emptied, but the 6-shot carbine had a turn crank.:rolleyes:

But I digress...

Tower shields and mirrors should help you get close to this guy with impunity from ye olde gattling gun, as MM does not affect inanimate objects.

Broaches of shielding are cheap/effective.

Someone stole my Idea of everyone shouting the command word together.

Or cast "Get a Life", but again, I digress.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Tower shields and mirrors should help you get close to this guy with impunity from ye olde gattling gun, as MM does not affect inanimate objects.

Tower Shields are of no use against targetted spells.

Magic Missile is a targetted spell.

-Hyp.

Bauglir

First Post
You need to somehow get an ethereal filcher under your control and nab the MMGG, possibly replacing it with a Quall's feather token: tree, for amusing results the next time he tries to activate it ;)

Numion

First Post
MM super wand is kinda lame.

Better option would be to craft about 20 staffs of disintegration*, with the same activation word. Taped together, of course. It would be carried and activated on the shoulder, and be called Bazooka.

Heavy Bazooka would have around 50 of these staffs together, and be moved on a cart or something.

Iron golem with those taped under it's arms would be kinda a battlemech. Magic mouth for activation.

* I don't know if there is a staff of disitegration, but surely you could make one. It's a staff with one spell, namely disintegration.

Christian

Explorer
Hypersmurf said:
Tower Shields are of no use against targetted spells.

Magic Missile is a targetted spell.

But the caster still needs line of effect. You can get 100% cover with a tower shield, and the caster would no longer be able to target you.

Of course, you wouldn't be able to see him, either ...

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
But the caster still needs line of effect. You can get 100% cover with a tower shield, and the caster would no longer be able to target you.

Read the description of Tower Shield in the Player's Handbook.

The caster needs line of effect to the target. A tower shield, as a piece of your equipment, is considered part of you for targetting purposes.

Unless your tower shield has 100% cover behind something else, the caster has line of effect to you for targetted spells.

-Hyp.

jasper

Rotten DM
tell the dm to send my magic missle machine gun back!
In 1st I had a mac 10 which would allow the user to load a wand of magic missles then select 1-20 and fire. They were happy with it until it back fired! Yep 18 magic missles into a wizard's chest does make for a bad morning.
first he violating the rules as others have piont out.
But if he changes into MMMG then you can do nothing.
Talk to him. If he wouldn't change don't play with him.

Remove ads