• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

help needed - 3.5 campaign settings.

ruemere

Adventurer
bubbalin said:
Okay, my friend is thinking of starting a D&D game, and we've played other d20 games, but not D&D, so could people please list the settings out there that are 3.5 (or have conversion documents) and are still currently being supported.

Arcana Unearthed and Scarred Lands.

The former for the best (though somewhat challenging) take on d20.
The latter for a climactic setting, great support, Nightfall the Sage, friendly staff and great concepts.

If it was possible, I would use AU system to play in world of SL. Alas, it would be not wise due to AU unbelievable flexibility.

Both settings published by Sword and Sorcery Studios, though AU is a product of Malhavoc Press.

Regards,
Ruemere

ph34r

First Post
I'm gonna suggest Forgotten Realms or Greyhawk since it's the default setting. Or if your friend feels adventurous (no pun intended) he could make a homebrew and just use whatever he wanted to.

bubbalin

First Post
well, this will be his first time GMing of any sort, so challenging is probably not what is being looked for. In fact, cliches abounding might make it easier to get a handle on the game itself for him.

who does dawnforge?

Protean

Still the Same
bubbalin said:
well, this will be his first time GMing of any sort, so challenging is probably not what is being looked for. In fact, cliches abounding might make it easier to get a handle on the game itself for him.

who does dawnforge?

Fantasy Flight Games: I'm not sure of who the main developers were, but I think it's worth mentioning that it was in the last batch of WotC's setting competition. If you like your fantasy to feel larger than life, Dawnforge is a great setting for you.

Turjan

Explorer
Protean said:
Fantasy Flight Games: I'm not sure of who the main developers were, but I think it's worth mentioning that it was in the last batch of WotC's setting competition. If you like your fantasy to feel larger than life, Dawnforge is a great setting for you.
One of the main developers promoted it a few posts above *points to d20Dwarf* :D

I'd suggest "The Player's Guide to the Wilderlands" myself, but only, if you don't mind fleshing the thing out a bit yourself ;).

PJ Mason

First Post
Acid_crash said:
The Iron Crown setting should be out soon...did I spell that right? *wonders* :confused: The one from Privateer Press.

Why ye sorry box o'bolts!! I'll strip ye gears for that one! It's Iron Kingdoms, knave. Best ya mind yerself, gobber!!

Comes at ya April-time!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads