• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Help] Unknown Computer Problems

Anime Kidd

Explorer
Ok, I hope this is the right place to post... My computer is acting wierd and has the following problems.

1._____
At random times it freezes up completely. Crtl+Alt+Del doesn't help either. Im thinking its overheating cause the fan sounds like its going.

2._____
Another problem is that the CDR is accessed randomly as well, without me using it. As well as having the CDR drive not being connected sometimes when I reset.

3._____
One more thing (Okay, so I have a lot of computer problems :mad: ). When I open the CDR and smell inside, it smells like burnt plastic or rubber. I know that is probably a bad sign. Could it be overheating or what?

I don't know whats going on, but Im looking fo any ideas on how to fix it. :( Im planning on using canned air to blow out the dust tomorrow and hope that fixes it.

I think I just need a new computer. Any donations? :rolleyes:

Enforcer

Explorer
Your CD-ROM drive sounds like it's got a bad connection or some other physical problem.

As for your first problem, knowing something about your OS would help a lot (Windows XP? Mac OS 10?).

Anime Kidd

Explorer
Win98 2e.

As for the CDR having a bad connection, I accidently kicked in into the case and had to pry it out, but it was doing it before that happened. Is there anyway I can check to see if it is a connection problem?

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I had the freeze problems with my computer because the processor fan broke and the processor kept overheating. Bought a new fan and it works fine now.

Latency

First Post
#3 Happened to me as well and it was the belt on my CDRW tray was rubbing everytime I opened the drive. Open it up and left the belt back up or down a bit.

Hope that helps

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads