Help Us Kill Morrus - Just updated 23/03/05

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
diaglo said:
what plane is this being fought on?

dismissal is a nice spell.

Dismissal would be cool.

Unfortunately, we're on a (the?) hub plane of the universe.

The only ways into or out of it that we know are: Fixed Gateways or being a God. There might be other methods, but we don't know about them. Dismissal, Holy Word and all don't work here. Bah!

In the main city of this plane, teleportation and divination work, but are a one way ticket to a jail and/or coffin. Fortunately we're not there!

The other planes seem nicer somehow. :)

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
It's all MY FAULT!!???? I knew i should have gone with trying to bargain with my 'Bag of Tricks' before I emptied the contents on the floor.......

" Hey your majesties, could I interest you in an ungrateful Diviner, Cleric, Ranger, Sorcerer and Samurai? "

All my companions ever seem to do is whine or moan about something I do but hey, the life of a servant god was never meant to be an easy one!

If we can escape and formulate a better plan to take them out one at a time then I'm up for it however I just can't see it happening. Morrus wants us to suffer and suffer we shall. I think we're just gonna have to hope for the best. :heh:

If we can't get out and a fight is inevitable then my list is as such.....

1. Tiger mount.
2. Undead Bane Falchion.
3. Boots of Flying.
4. Protected by Death Ward.
5. Protected by a permanent Magic Circle vs Evil 10ft rad.
6. About 8 uses of haste via me Mithral Full Plate of Speed.
7. 5 Smite Evils, (which are holy & auto crit conf).
8. 1 re-roll.
9. About 7 turn attempts to fuel Divine feats, (shield,might and vigour).
10. Sunder Evil Item ability, (+2d6 sunder dam).
11. On a critical I can force saves vs cowering and str loss, (resounding blow & quell the profane).
12. A totally useless Belt of Major Displacement thanks to Morrus, (cheers mate).

I'm thinking the tiger will be really useful for bullrushing Gith into bladed pillars and it can dish out some damage however it'll be lucky to last 1 round against one of them devoting a full round attack against it.

Someone remarked on challenging the Slaadi King and whilst I'd love to have a go I reckon I'd be lucky to survive a round against it.

The queen and her psionics are the real worry though!!! :confused:

All in all, this is not good.

diaglo

Adventurer
Henry said:
*looks at diaglo posting in both threads*

What are you, an arms merchant? :lol:

:D can't help myself.

it is like the edition wars. but with characters involved. :heh:

so Al, you have a good understanding of the plane. what do you know about crystals and psions or the classes the salads may have?

pierworker

First Post
Ravellion said:
Vegetarian, pescetarian, and today's special.

Rav

Jeje....salads.....

Seriously though, with Reliq's abilities and equipment, it sounds like he can go toe-to-toe with the queen. Any chance he could push through to get to her, and have the group cut off the other enemies? Force a one on one showdown; I doubt she'll handle it well...

Voodoo

First Post
Ok this is the best I can think of..

Sorcerer - Solid fog on the gith to slow tham down for a bit, Quickened Bands of Steel on the Queen. If you have a good bluff try an place some doubt in the queens mind about exactly who the Slaad kings comment “It’s been a good game whilst it lasted but all good things must end now I’m afraid and it’s not something you are going to enjoy very much either.” actually applies to the Queen and he's triple crossed her. The quicken bands seem like a poor choise to use against a psionic queen in no immediate physical danger but this is where the cleric comes in

Cleric - A quickend summoned Red Slaad just behind the queen who can attack her as soon as the bands appear, making the queen doubt whos side the slaad are on even more (being quickened she might not notice its been summoned by the party and my think its one of the Kings troops. Then ready the slime wave on the 3 slaad troops once the above plan fails, they'll prob scrap it off but it buys you a round and might damage those draining weapons.

The King at this point may even decide to go along with you at this point, who knows with Slaad.

However..

I'd save the disintergrate for the door so you can run away and the Wall of force might be used to cover those exploding sigils on the way out.

(Oh and somehow the sorcerer will have to whisper the plan to the cleric)

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
diaglo said:
:D can't help myself.

it is like the edition wars. but with characters involved. :heh:

so Al, you have a good understanding of the plane. what do you know about crystals and psions or the classes the salads may have?

What we've seen so far...

The Slaadi we've fought seemed to be fairly 'normal' as far as I could tell. The bodyguard Slaadi are 20ft tall and jet black... we've no idea what they're like, but I suspect they're good at beating the tar out of stuff. We had quite a long chat with one of them, he was an all round party guy - his hobby was putting humanoids into furnaces. Just for giggles. :)

The king told us the energy fields around the guards pikes 'drain life'... which can't be good or he could be lying. Again.

The king himself is the same size or larger. He wears a crown that allegedly protects him from psionics. He's wielding an oversized spiked chain - which makes him a munchking. We've chatted to him quite a lot and he seems to relish pulping, squeezing, rending and other types of hands on murder. He's also lying sadist.

IIRC, our paladin detected at them and they were all evil. If not, they certainly behave like it.

We fought the Git Queens handmaiden. She was another psionic lich, as far as I know a high level Psion. Plenty of horrible psionic wibble and a fondness for telekinisis. She was quite a handful and I felt we were a couple of saving throws away from Certain Doom(tm). It all went wrong for her when she got dimensionally anchored and forced into melee...

We've tangled with some Git fighters before. They were acrobatic and favoured large hurty 2 handed swords. The handmaidens bodyguards were skilled and worked as a team. We previously met a senior advisor/general. He singlehandedly killed both our frontline fighters before sucumbing to an acid orb.

I can't recall any of them cooking of much in the way of powers, but they were certainly good fighters. I suspect plenty of Fighter levels.

Seen a few bits of crystal gear lying around. Their weapons and armour behaved much like their steel equivalents. We briefly had the queens phalyctery - a huge glowy crystal - at least that's what the High Priest of Raziel told us it was. Wonder if her 'ally' has given her that back yet?

Got some odds and ends off the handmaiden. Wandlike things that we've got no idea how to use.

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Voodoo

Now that's a clever plan. :)

Summoning an attack Slaad is a Stroke of Genius.

We're telepathically linked at the moment, so no need for whispering...

My bluff isn't too shabby ~ +15 to +20 after the Alienist penalty is applied. Might be worth a go, or just let the actions speak for themselves.

Think letting the fight run for a round or so might help it look even better. Just let everyone maneuver into position first... Get her guards away from her...

The only problem with our Paladin running straight at the queen is that the King is near her... both at once might be too much, even for him!

Remove ads