• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help w/Kobold NPC build

Funkthis

First Post
I thought about the whole sorcerer route being that it is the favored class. The party already has one sorc NPC with them already and the fire power of two make me shudder a little. I like the fighter thief combos mainly because he could be useful in melee. Bard is an interesting choice as my group never....never plays bards so maybe a nice change of pace.

BTW he isn't the same Meepo in Sunless. I just named him that because the group (previous campaign) ran Sunless and developed a soft spot for the weird little kobold.

Lot's of good suggestions! Thanks guys.

sfedi

First Post
JimAde said:
I think Jack Simth has it. He needs at least one level of rogue, preferably 3. Those extra dice of Sneak Attack will swamp the size disadvantage. With that dex, and Weapon Finesse, his attacks will be pretty good. Let's see...

Rog3/Ftr2 means a total of 4 possible combat feats. How about:

Weapon Finesse
2-weapon fighting
Dodge
Mobility

Plus max ranks in Tumble, of course. So now you've got a dodging, weaving food processor. :) He can still be front line, but he'll be avoiding attacks instead of absorbing them with Hit Points.

Full Attack: +6/+6 Short Swords (1d4 Damage each, plus 2d6 Sneak).
I would add Combat Expertise to up the AC.

JimAde

First Post
sfedi said:
I would add Combat Expertise to up the AC.
A good idea, but what would you get rid of? As a 5th-level character with 2 levels of fighter, he only gets 4 feats (right?). You could toss the 2-weapon fighting, I guess, but that will cut his damage output significantly. When you can flank, you want lots of attacks.

Remove ads