• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with an epic build

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Looking for some help on an epic build for my first epic campaign that would go from 20-30. I am pretty sure I laid out a good pre-epic build (see below) I’m just not too sure where to go after he hits 20. I have some ideas but I would like to here from other experience players. The concept is a large bastard sword, charging, front line warforged tank that can be fully self sufficient. :] Thoughts?

Classes:
Psychic Warrior 15
Warforged Juggernaut 5
BaB: 14/9/4 Saves:17-9-10
Stats: Str: 20 Dex: 15 Con: 17 Int: 14 Wis: 19 Cha: 11 (no magical adjustments)
Feats:
Monkey Grip, Adam Armor, Psicrystal, Improved Bull Rush, Power Attack, Hvy Armor Opt., Deflective Armor, Up the Walls, Naraph Charge, Leap Attack, Improve Sunder, Combat Brute, Expert Tactian (3.0e)
Powers:
Lvl 1: Enlarge, Force Screen
Lvl 2: Body Adjustment, Animal Infinity, Strength of my Enemy,
Lvl 3: Vampire Blade, Greater Concealing Amorpha, Psionic Lion’s Charge, Energy Emanation
Lvl 4: Empathic transfer hostile, Immovability, Dimensional Door,
Lvl 5: Energy Adaptation, Perfect Riposte, Psychofeedback

-BW

Dracomeander

First Post
One point if you have a DM who is a stickler for the rules. Curing doesn't help a Warforged Juggernaut. You need Repair Damage to fix yourself after or during combat. Can be easily solved by taking Expanded Knowledge (Psionic Repair Damage) when you gain access to 3rd level powers. You probably want to get a different power in place of Body Adjustment.

Bloodweaver1

First Post
Dracomeander said:
One point if you have a DM who is a stickler for the rules. Curing doesn't help a Warforged Juggernaut. You need Repair Damage to fix yourself after or during combat. Can be easily solved by taking Expanded Knowledge (Psionic Repair Damage) when you gain access to 3rd level powers. You probably want to get a different power in place of Body Adjustment.

Actually this is wear things get a little technical. I have looked into your point previously and according to my investigations Warforged Juggernauts and all Warforged in general can fully heal themselves via psionics. A brief description on psionics:
SRC said:
DISCIPLINE (SUBDISCIPLINE)

Beneath the power name is a line giving the discipline (and the subdiscipline in parentheses, if appropriate) that the power belongs to.

Every power is associated with one of six disciplines. A discipline is a group of related powers that work in similar ways. Each of the disciplines is discussed below.

Psychometabolism

Psychometabolism powers change the physical properties of some creature, thing, or condition.

For the purpose of psionics– magic transparency, psychometabolism powers are equivalent to powers of the transmutation school (thus, creatures immune to transmutation spells are also immune to psychometabolism powers).

Healing: Psychometabolism powers of the healing subdiscipline can remove damage from creatures. However, psionic healing usually falls short of divine magical healing, in direct comparisons. .

A stand alone warforge only get half the normal effects from any healing spells from the healing sub-school and supernatural abilities. Juggernauts get no benifets from the spells from the healing subschool includings meals and potions.
Since psionics does not fall into that catergory Warforfed and Juggernauts (as far as I can tell) are fully capable of recieving the full benifits of Body Adjustment and like psionic powers.
Thoughts?

Any ideas on a epic class? or am I stuck on taking Epic PW? I was hoping I could take another PrC in my epic levels but I am not sure that is a viable option.

Remove ads