• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with Feather Fall and PC Interactions

DGL

First Post
I have two questions which my DM wanted me to look into:

1) How is Feather Fall handled in your campaigns?
Usually, you take all your actions during your turn. Is Feather Fall an exception? (ex: Immediately casting Feather Fall on a friendly cleric who has just had his Air Walk dispelled).

2) How is simple player interaction handled in your campaigns?
For example, PC#1 wants to hand a healing potion to PC#2. On his turn, PC#1 walks over to PC#2 and holds out the potion. If PC#2 has already gone this round, can PC#2 take the potion from PC#1?

I've had a look at the errata and FAQ and can't find anything that speaks to the above.

Thanks.

Valmur_Dwur

First Post
Depends how "hardcore" your DM is:D In the following:

1) It is considered a "free action" for casting on yourself, for a friend if your actin has been done then no to casting otherwise yes.

2) Yes PC #2 can take the potion but can do nothing with it till his next action. I would rule the exchange a free action unless in melee then perhaps an AoO:p

evilericuk

First Post
Valmur_Dwur said:
Depends how "hardcore" your DM is:D In the following:

1) It is considered a "free action" for casting on yourself, for a friend if your actin has been done then no to casting otherwise yes.

sorry val got to disagree with you saying that feather fall can't be cast on a friend as the text of the spell states that just an utterence can be made to cast the spell. as long as the friend is within range and the caster hasn't already cast a quicken spell then the spell will work :)

Remove ads