• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with Feats-2 Weapon Fighting, Improved + Greater

Ardenian

First Post
the feat descriptions of these 2 feats are difficult to understand as presented in the SRD i have read.. could someone please clarify how these operate?

i'm a rogue/assassin who has TWF, so at 10th level - i have 2 attacks per hand, one at +7 (base attack) and the 2nd at +2...

if i take Improved TWF i get...? what? an add'l attack at -5 with my off hand?
if i take Greater TWF i get another attack, yet again with my off hand at -10?

color me confused.
thanks for the help
[a]

hafrogman

Adventurer
With one weapon you get two attacks

Main hand +7/+2

With two weapon fighting, and assuming your offhand weapon is light, you have three attacks

Main hand +5/+0
Off hand +5

The extra attack from the feat, and the two handed fighting penalties.

With Improved TWF, you gain an additional attack just like your main hand, for four attacks.

Main hand +5/+0
Off hand +5/+0

GilaMonster

First Post
Ardenian said:
the feat descriptions of these 2 feats are difficult to understand as presented in the SRD i have read.. could someone please clarify how these operate?

i'm a rogue/assassin who has TWF, so at 10th level - i have 2 attacks per hand, one at +7 (base attack) and the 2nd at +2...

You don't mention what weapons you're using, so I will assume 2 light weapons (eg shortswords).

No. You have 2 attacks onhand (at +5/ +0) and one attack offhand at +5. You're taking a -2 penalty because you're wielding two weapons.

If your offhand weapon is not light, then you'd take a +4 penalty on all strikes for a net result of +3/ -2 for your onhand and +3 offhand

TWF grants a single strike with the offhand weapon.

Ardenian said:
if i take Improved TWF i get...? what? an add'l attack at -5 with my off hand?

A second offhand attack, at -5 to the first (ie same as your iterative attacks. Hence, if your 10th level rogue had Improved TWF and was using light weapons. he'd have two attacks onhand at +5/ +0 and two offhand also at +5/ +0

Ardenian said:
if i take Greater TWF i get another attack, yet again with my off hand at -10?

Well, Greater TWF has a requirement of BAB +11, so let's assume that your rogue takes it at 15th level. At that point his BAB is +11/+6/+1. Wielding two light weapons with TWF, Improved TWF and Greater TWF he'd have 3 attacks onhand (at +9/+4/-1) and 3 offhand (+9/+4/+1)

Ardenian said:
color me confused.
thanks for the help
[a]

No prob. Hope that helped.

Emongnome

First Post
Ardenian said:
thx for the clarification...

what do i get with greater TWF?

A third attack with your off-hand weapon (at -10 to hit compared to your primary attack). Your off-hand attacks do not automatically gain iterative attacks from high BAB, you have to take feats to get them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads