• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with Master of Chains

Cion

First Post
Hi all,

After very good answer regarding my last question, I need your help again!

Our DM will run a Dark Sun Campaign soon and right now I´m thinking about going Psychic Warrior/Master of Chains.

But unfortunatly the Master of Chains needs at least 1 Level in Rogue (I´ll never get enough Skillpoints to raise those cc-skills).

My BAB will be much lower than that of a fighter, I´ll have less Hitpoints and I´ll reach the Master of Chains 2 levels later.

Will the few psionic powers gained be enough to compensate for that?

Zhure

First Post
Combat Precognition (or Combat Prescience, I forget which) will give a +2 insight bonus to hit. That should make up the difference.

Greg

Zhure

First Post
"Alignment: Any nongood.
Escape Artist: 6 ranks.
Open Lock: 4 ranks.
Intimidate: 4 ranks.
Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (spiked chain),
Expertise, Improved Trip, Improved Disarm,
Weapon Focus (spiked chain), Weapon
Specialization (spiked chain).
Ability Score: Int 13+ (required for Expertise)."

Recipe:
Human, for the bonus skill point, INT 14 (almost needed for Expertise anyway), DEX 16 (helps AC, helps power points, see below.)

Rather than Rogue, consider taking Psion (Nomad). It makes Escape Artist a class skill.

Psion 2/Psywar 6
Skill points = 35 Psion + 30 PsyWar
+8 Intimidate, -8 Open Lock, -6 Escape Artist, 44 left over.

Not as many as a Rogue, but the BAB is the same and you have access to 8 more power points as well as a few Psion Powers (I recommend Feather Fall, Lesser Body Adjustment, and Far Hand, among others).

Rogue has the advantage of Sneak Attack. If you're going to take 2 levels of Rogue, you might as well take 3 for the extra die of Sneak Attack, as the BAB still increases by 1.
Greg

Cion

First Post
Thanks!

I really like your ideas...

I´ve never considered other psionic classes, I think thats the way to go!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads