helping a friend

Mystearia

First Post
hello, im helping a friend who is playing a drow called Ahriman, he didn't know that drow usually follow a house or family and wondered if anyone would be willing to become his mistress/master to help him along in his story that he wants to start, he is shareing an e-mail adress right now because he have one of his own yet due to a lack of reliable internet service,. i myself would play his mistress but cannot since he nor i really understand how they are supposed to act , also he has not played with a mistress before

thank you ^_^

Mystearia

First Post
i would be happy to talk off the boards Sir D and i would have to speak with your friend ryleena as well as meet the character who would be his mistress

Mortonia

First Post
While I don't know that I would have time to play in the Storyline, I'd be willing to help out by answering questions or what have you. I've played drow for a number of years, so I have a pretty good idea of how they should behave (both the good and the bad :] )

You can reach me at gabby.lind@hotmail.com (MSN also) if you're interested.

Toni.

Sadye

First Post
If your friend is interested in joining a House, there's a drow house on ISRP called the Sril've Cress. Your friend could always contact the House's Ilharn about joining up, if they're interested. I will say that if your friend is looking to be part of a more typical or traditional drow house, then he is probably looking for something different than the Cress. Still, if interested, feel free to fire off an e-mail to coltrane_john@hotmail.com (that's Sev'anar the Ilharn of house's e-mail) about joining and what the Cress are about. :)

Chelyrra Eredyn

First Post
I love how people want to play variants without knowing what the base is.

"This strange elven looking being is a drow of some sorts, standing at around 8'2 and weighing around 400 to 500 lbs he looks to say the least, intimidateing (see pic) "... right. Drow don't generally take kindly to cross-breeds. He's unlikely to be part of a house at all.

Anyway, it's much easier and more realistic (bah, as if realism was ever involved) for a drow to play their own char without dragging the house leadership into this surface tavern in a mainly human and very xenophobic town on another world. Yes, I'm including Sril've Cress in this, even though SC is bizarre enough that nothing really applies.

At least make it clear that he has to be from another world. Oerthian drow aren't allowed in the tavern at all. Faerun and other-world drow are okay, but they should act like they know they can't show their face on the street outside the tavern.

If he insists that his char is part of a drow house and therefore acquainted with standard drow custom, then these links will probably help:

House Maerdyn Translator :
http://www.grey-company.org/Maerdyn/resources/translator/index.cgi

Their information on traditional Faerun house structure is also good:
http://grey-company.org/Maerdyn/resources/houses.html

This site isn't so bad, it gives nice details on culture:
http://www.realms.force9.co.uk/UD/

This one, I'm not so sure about trusting:
http://drowcampaign.roleplaynexus.com/

There's another site I like, but I can't remember the name well enough to find it and I don't have the link saved on this computer. I'll post it another time.

Mortonia

First Post
Chelyrra Eredyn said:
I love how people want to play variants without knowing what the base is.

"This strange elven looking being is a drow of some sorts, standing at around 8'2 and weighing around 400 to 500 lbs he looks to say the least, intimidateing (see pic) "... right. Drow don't generally take kindly to cross-breeds. He's unlikely to be part of a house at all.

Let us not forget the Draegoloths dear. Not all crossbreeds fall under the heading of "hack it, kill it, destroy it on sight".

amryll

First Post
Wow this just makes me feel old.But anyway, the sites listed are good, been awhile since I've been to most though.That translator has done well for the past four years, I still remember how exited people got over a few words in drow and how bad they wanted the translator. I started playing my drow in tabletop just before 3e came out, when all I knew about them was they were black skinned underground elves,that according to the 2e arms and equipment book(I think) hated beholders.So, mine is played more like a normal elf, and I do think that someone playing a house oriented,probably evil, drow is not likely to do well in social situations.Remember, drow are taught to pretty much hate everyone.Ways I might suggest are to play the gender sepperation,this works for either, males would tend to defer to females,and if the drow in question is good, this may include other races as well, and a female would look down on males of any race regardless of alignment.The paranioa and competion aspects could be good as well.

KEye News

First Post
Chelyrra Eredyn said:
At least make it clear that he has to be from another world. Oerthian drow aren't allowed in the tavern at all. Faerun and other-world drow are okay, but they should act like they know they can't show their face on the street outside the tavern.
Actually, they shouldn't be showing their face within the tavern, either. Only accidental glimpses, or purposeful ones to trusted friends. The regular patrons might be used to weird sights, but, a regular town folk type could still walk in. And, you better believe they would call the guard and have the tavern burnt to the ground for cattering to Drow. Or, at the very least, shut down. Which, I sincerly think would annoy Siani at least a tad. . .

Last edited:

Remove ads