• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Helping Boz with CC 3.5: Converting Dragons.

Knight Otu

First Post
Most dragons with acid breath weapons deal d4, starting with 2d4. The green, I believe, uses d6, starting with 2d6. The styx uses d6, starting with 1d6, but the acid sticks on the victim.
I suggest d4, starting with 2d4.

Krishnath

First Post
2 dice it is then, but D4 or D6, decisions, decisions.

Hmm.... D4 I guess, it does have a secondary as well that is quite powerfull (causes confusion), as well as quite powerfull spell-like abilities and innate spellcasting.

Now, what immunity to give it is a given: Acid, but the subtype? Earth or Water? both fit.

pyrobob

First Post
if the beast lives in both mountain and swamp, both would fit. However, from my understanding of what a 'barren' is, a wasteland comes to mind, a sort of blasted desert like Arizona. therefore, i vote for Earth subtype

Krishnath

First Post
Earth it is then, next question: All metallic dragons can choose cleric spells and spells from three different domains to cast as arcane spells, which three domains should the Electrum have access to? I am thinking it should at least have access to the Earth domain, but what other two should be choosen?

Krishnath

First Post
Scalykind is not OGL so that is a no-no, but good and sun I kan get behind. So that would be Earth, Good, and Sun? Any other ideas or should I go with these?

Knight Otu

First Post
Krishnath said:
Scalykind is not OGL so that is a no-no, but good and sun I kan get behind. So that would be Earth, Good, and Sun? Any other ideas or should I go with these?
Actually, Scalykind is now in the SRD, in the Divine Domains and Spells file. However, that file is rather buggy, as it is not updated to the revised rules.

No other ideas on the domains.

Krishnath

First Post
pyrobob said:
HAHAHAHAHAHA
What? it is a sucky domain. :p

Anyways, I just need to write up a description and I'm all set, but what should they smell like? I am thinking jasmin....what do you think?

Remove ads