Here there be Dragons [Closed]

Almightyfoon

First Post
Hey everyone, I've decided to make my debut onto the enworld pbp scene as a DM! Huzzah! Anyways, to the important bits.

Setting:
Here there be Dragons. Dragon's rule the land, and have for millenia, possibly for all of eternity if the mad cultists of Tiamat are to believed. What matters however is that the world is ruled by Draconic overlords, who primarily organize themselves into nearly a dozen separate Tyrannies. They rule over a every aspect of life, freedom is nearly nonexistent. Non Reptilian races are second class citizens at best and for the most part slaves. In any standing they are still the bottom of the food chain. Like many, the player characters are slaves, headed from Desert End to Passage along the Correilan Forest through the territory of the Tyranny of the Lost. You are among many in the train, herded along like cattle by their reptilian overlords. Any chance of escape was lost after going through the desert and supplies dwindled. Many have barely the strength to continue, let alone make an escape attempt. However, some have a spark of life within them still, a spark not yet extinguished by the punishing conditions or lashes.

My goal is 4-6 players, however if there are closer to 8, I may split the groups and run a good vs. evil campaign were the groups are playing simultaneously against their respective organizations. If anyone is interested that is.

A few rules on character creation, Dragonborn and Kobolds are blanket banned, without explict approval from me. While a rogue Dragonborn is possible, it will be incredibly rare and we'll have to chat about it if you want to play it. Divine classes are tricky as the only divine power is Tiamat, and her influence is nearly omnipresent. I've drawn up a map, and am in the process of uploading it and cleaning it up. Starting level is 1 and we'll be playing 4th edition. You can pick your starting gear on character creation, but as slaves you've naturally been stripped of all possessions with the exception of the clothes on your back.

Combat will be done as seems to be the standard here, PC's who beat the enemies on initiative go before the enemies, and in posting order. I'll be posting defenses and HP values for monsters for the sake of speeding combat up. In that vein, I'll also be rolling initiative myself. I'll be using Invisble Castle, I'd prefer if players did the same. I prefer a faster pace game, so at least a post every day or two. Looking for first level characters, and if enough interest exists in a good vs. evil game, I'm more than happy to run it.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Sounds interesting!
All official material allowed, but dragonborn, kobolds and divine powersource?

Would like to play a

Controller - Ranger (Hunter) Elf
Defender - Fighter (Knight) Eladrin
Striker - Warlock (Hexblade) Changeling

depending on what role needed.

Last edited:

Almightyfoon

First Post
Divine power sources are allowed, it's just it's a little tricky (at first) if you want to be a follower of anyone other than Tiamat. You'll just have mysterious powers from an unknown source for a little bit. But yeah, other than the exceptions mentioned above it's all fair game.

Almightyfoon

First Post
1) What starting level?
2) What edition D&D?

Starting level is 1 and we'll be playing 4th edition. A note I forgot in the initial post, you can pick your starting gear on character creation, but as slaves you've naturally been stripped of all possessions with the exception of the clothes on your back.

Walking Dad

First Post
Starting level is 1 and we'll be playing 4th edition. A note I forgot in the initial post, you can pick your starting gear on character creation, but as slaves you've naturally been stripped of all possessions with the exception of the clothes on your back.
Some classes are much more hindered than others by lack of equipment. How long do you plan for the heroes to go without equipment?
PbP can be pretty slow and it can become frustrating fighting alongside druids and monks, for example, while waiting for an armor to bring your AC beyond 11.

Will you use the inherent bonus / alternate reward option from DMG2 / Dark Sun?

Almightyfoon

First Post
Ardent is fine with me. You'll have your equipment back by the first combat, you just won't be walking around armed, your walking around in irons. The lack of equipment is just for cinematic reasons. So I do want you to pick and pay for starting equipment, you just won't have it right off the bat.

Remove ads