• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Here's That SCAG Table of Contents!

WotC's Extra Life charity funding campaign hit $50,000 just now, and as promised they added the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide table of contents to the already released preface. The chapters are Welcome to the Realms, The Swords Coast and the North, Races of the Realms, Classes, Backgrounds, and a two-page appendix dealing with using the aforementioned options in Dragonlance, Eberron, Greyhawk, and Homemade Worlds.

WotC's Extra Life charity funding campaign hit $50,000 just now, and as promised they added the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide table of contents to the already released preface. The chapters are Welcome to the Realms, The Swords Coast and the North, Races of the Realms, Classes, Backgrounds, and a two-page appendix dealing with using the aforementioned options in Dragonlance, Eberron, Greyhawk, and Homemade Worlds.

Find the preface, released yesterday, here. At $60,000, they will release a new cantrip, Greenflame Blade.

toc.jpg

Click here for the PDF version

S

Sunseeker

Somehow I'm not surprised that the most under-performing class with the most talked about alternatives is getting nothing new here.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to the racial variants.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Looks like a campaign setting to me!

Sounds good, I'm a sucker for campaign settings, and since FR is the default, and I don't give two squirts about FR in general, this will definitely help me run a more cohesive game there and maybe help the PC's feel a little more connected to the place rather than seeing it as another Land of Generic Fantasy to romp around in.

Cool to see the sidebar on other settings, too! Maximum portability!

redrick

First Post
Somehow I'm not surprised that the most under-performing class with the most talked about alternatives is getting nothing new here.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to the racial variants.

Judging by the last UA, it seems that any updates to the Ranger are still very much contentious works in progress.

I'll admit I'm in the "don't plan to run a campaign in the FR" camp, but I might pick this book up out of curiosity all the same. Most of the people in our group have at least played Baldur's Gate, and I might start using it as a setting for our one-off adventures when we aren't trying to build a complex campaign-long setting.

S

Sunseeker

Judging by the last UA, it seems that any updates to the Ranger are still very much contentious works in progress.

I'll admit I'm in the "don't plan to run a campaign in the FR" camp, but I might pick this book up out of curiosity all the same. Most of the people in our group have at least played Baldur's Gate, and I might start using it as a setting for our one-off adventures when we aren't trying to build a complex campaign-long setting.

Yeah, I'm not big on the setting in terms of playing through it, but I like a lot of the style and material that's come up for it over the years.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
What if the class section is just how these classes and archetypes fit into the Sword Coast, and not much new?

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
What if the class section is just how these classes and archetypes fit into the Sword Coast, and not much new?

Possible, but then why aren't rangers broken out like that? It might include that as well, but I think we're looking at at least a few pages of new stuff. :)

Remove ads

Remove ads