• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Here's The New 2024 Player's Handbook Wizard Art

WotC says art is not final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GJStLauacAIRfOl.jpeg

mamba

Legend
Some?

If we are taking the stance that Jesus is basically a superhero, then we are open to either Gods or Demi-Gods from other mythologies.
yep, your list is incomplete, there are plenty of myths that do not revolve around gods and demigods

There isn't some great wall separating Mythology from Fantasy from Superheroes, it is more like the grass changing color from emerald green to tan.
yep, no great wall when it comes to power levels, I do not recall this discussion ever having been about power levels however. I mentioned the context free power pose and the pretty modern clothes and wanting something more down to earth and gritty with context instead

Something more like this than what we got (you can increase the power level, I just do not like the pointless posing for the Tik Tok followers of the Wizard picture)

1712457293546.png

To the "it is meant to impress and/or awe"... yes, that was my point. Which is why I find the accusations of it being too "superhero" to be a bit off-the-mark. Not because superheroes don't make that pose, but because the problem has nothing to do with superheroes and everything to do with people not liking the power pose meant to impress and awe on a high level wizard.
works for me too, I do not see my wizards as vain posers, they do cool stuff, they just do not power pose

As for it not being an accurate depiction of a living person.... I mean other than the floating, why not?
then maybe it was about the floating.... and I am not sure you standing like that would work as a power pose either, floating is a pretty important part of it to me ;)

Hussar

Legend
then maybe it was about the floating.... and I am not sure you standing like that would work as a power pose either, floating is a pretty important part of it to me ;)
By the same token, it's pretty much the same pose as this:

1712459790148.jpeg
Complete with glowing eyes. Hey, she's actually a Gith Monk!

Hussar

Legend
I just do not like the pointless posing for the Tik Tok followers of the Wizard picture)
Are you just not capable of commenting without the insulting negativity? Seriously? You want people to talk your criticisms seriously, and have an adult conversation, but, you insist on repeatedly denigrating anyone who disagrees with you? As if anyone who likes this image is nothing but some Tik Tok fanbois salivating over the latest TikToker?

And you wonder why you get all this push back?

mamba

Legend
Are you just not capable of commenting without the insulting negativity? Seriously? You want people to talk your criticisms seriously, and have an adult conversation, but, you insist on repeatedly denigrating anyone who disagrees with you?
I am not sure how me criticizing the image is somehow denigrating people who disagree. As I said, technically competent, but squarely in the superhero imagery for me, I mean the similarity is uncanny ;)

1712461810935.png

As if anyone who likes this image is nothing but some Tik Tok fanbois salivating over the latest TikToker?
no, as if the 'wizard' struck the pose for her TikTok followers, that says nothing about anyone on this forum

That is the context that does come to my mind, it's not like she is facing any threats, she is just showing off. The clothes remind me of Wakanda (sleek, stylish, modern), so modern times, and TikTok is not too far away from that thought

And you wonder why you get all this push back?
I do not recall wondering ;)

Last edited:

Hussar

Legend
Hey, who knew that Storm was a Githyanki wizard? I mean, it's the same pose, just at a different angle. Leg bent, arms out, hands are a bit higher, but, then that Storm statue is looking skyward, not down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads