• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

heretic of the faith feat

animewatcha

First Post
2 topics regarding this feat.

First. I am I understanding this right, I can take this feat via cleric of sertuous or whatever the elder evil all domain - any alignment guy is. Be lawful good cleric ( pride domain and undeath ), go into paladin ( of said lawful good alignment ) for a couple of levels ( divine grace ), and go into holy monk variant ( dragon 310 or so ), still be able to advance between monk and paladin, preach worshipping goodie-goodie gods ( versus following serpant man ), and still benefit from all the above benefits??

Second. Selune. Shar. Taking this feat, an LN monk would be able to benefit from abilities, sub levels, etc. from selune monk ( can't remember order ), and dark moon monk ( whats not to love about concealment ) at the same time?

Sekhmet

First Post
Heretic of the Faith said:
Benefit: you can grossly violate your deities code of conduct,but not your class alignment restriction
Regarding the Monk, I would say -no-, because Monks don't have a code of conduct derived from a deity and do have class alignment restrictions. Therefor, a Monk of the Dark Moon (Shar) must still be Evil and a Monk of the Sun Soul (Selune) must still be Good or Neutral.

Elder Evils said:
Sertrous encourages priests to draw upon faith — provided they do not keep faith in the gods they know...
Clerics of Sertrous can choose their domains freely as if they were clerics devoted to an ideal, although most choose Destruction and Trickery.
I would not allow a worshiper of Sertrous to preach the worship of any "goodie-goodie gods" [sic], as it appears that Sertrous demands otherwise. Of course, Paladins and Clerics do not necessarily have to preach -about- any specific deities, and can instead choose to preach the values and ideals without ever mentioning a God at all. We call this evangelist trickery.
Pride and Undeath are not in keeping with the theme, but not disallowed.

Last edited:

Remove ads