Heroes for Hire (calling all heroes)

Rybaer

First Post
Thanks for the links...very helpful. Of the browsing I've done, the character Echo jumped out as being rather interesting and probably tweakable for your game concept. The real trick would be in figuring out how to turn her "photographic reflexes" into game mechanics. I'll play around with it for a bit.

hero4hire

Explorer
Funny I was a "helper" on that writeup and didn't know it. :)
I wrote the Taskmaster writeup.

I am familiar with Echo..She was definitely in line with what I was looking for. Plus I can use her background in game. Great choice!

Rybaer

First Post
Glad you like it. I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to work up her power, though. Might end up writing something from scratch based on the character description, make it "game mechanical" and assign a suitable point cost. Much as I try to finagle the Mimic power to work, it just doesn't handle her power that well...particularly when it comes to mimicking fighting abilities.

I'll play with it some more.

deadestdai

First Post
hero4hire said:
Looks like there is plenty o' room thus far.

Any ideas on who you would like to play?

Not sure if he'd be too powerful, and the fact that he wasn't all "that" hero-ish, but I always thought Kane was cool. (from the Cable series. I kept up with it in the 90's, but sadly have no idea what happened to him in the latest storylines.)

Rybaer

First Post
I think I've worked out a system that should work for Echo's powers...or get close enough, anyway.

Do you have guidelines for character level? Skill points (1:1, 2:1, 3:1)??

I can get a draft version worked up within a day or so.

Radiant

First Post
would be interested too. But I'll need a day or two to think of a character. Been a long while since I even read about minor characters.

hero4hire

Explorer
Rybaer said:
Glad you like it. I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to work up her power, though. Might end up writing something from scratch based on the character description, make it "game mechanical" and assign a suitable point cost. Much as I try to finagle the Mimic power to work, it just doesn't handle her power that well...particularly when it comes to mimicking fighting abilities.

I'll play with it some more.

Hmmm

Mimic [Feats, Skills, Continous, Range: Sight, Extra Subject+4, Limited Selection ("reflexive based" GM Call), Must see Feat/Skill in performance, PPCost 9/level]

You could also buy some Base Attack and Defense as Powers with a Flaw cannot exceed a Mimicked Target.

That's off the top of my head. Something you can work with?

hero4hire

Explorer
deadestdai said:
Not sure if he'd be too powerful, and the fact that he wasn't all "that" hero-ish, but I always thought Kane was cool. (from the Cable series. I kept up with it in the 90's, but sadly have no idea what happened to him in the latest storylines.)

Kane...was he called The New Weapon X at one point? Bionic guy who shot his fists at people? I'll do some research, but if its the guy I am thinking of, sure!

hero4hire

Explorer
Rybaer said:
I think I've worked out a system that should work for Echo's powers...or get close enough, anyway.

Do you have guidelines for character level? Skill points (1:1, 2:1, 3:1)??

I can get a draft version worked up within a day or so.

PL 10, Skills 2:1, MnM Annual errata in effect.

Remove ads