Heroes for Hire (calling all heroes)

Rybaer

First Post
Your version of Mimic is pretty close to what I had in mind. The final cost, unfortunately, doesn't seem to justify the benefits. If maxed at rank 10, it'll cost 90 points. For 90 points, the character could have nearly every "physical" feat and a monstrous Dex without the baggage of having to mimic people to get the feats and skills.

As for handling the BAB/BDB, this is another tricky one. I was thinking of just giving her a moderately high level of both without any strings attached to mimicking - to reflect her intest study of martial arts films. If she studies a particular person, perhaps we can find a mechanism to offer a small edge offensively and defensively against that one person.

I'll continue to plug away at it tonight. See if I can't fingure out something a little more true to the spirit of her character.

Rybaer

First Post
Oh, one other question. In Echo's writeup, she has something listed as Shade (sonic) under the powers section. I have no idea what this might be and her description doesn't give any hints. Thoughts?

deadestdai

First Post
hero4hire said:
Kane...was he called The New Weapon X at one point? Bionic guy who shot his fists at people? I'll do some research, but if its the guy I am thinking of, sure!

Ya that's the one! Cool that you approve too! :)

Okay - will work on his stats. How long do I have to get that done btw? Only, I need to read thru the book and so forth.....

hero4hire

Explorer
Rybaer said:
Oh, one other question. In Echo's writeup, she has something listed as Shade (sonic) under the powers section. I have no idea what this might be and her description doesn't give any hints. Thoughts?

Echo is completely deaf...Shade(sonic) I assume was Seb's (the author's) attempt at reflecting a deaf person's resistance to (what would be in MnM terms) Sound based Dazzle attacks. I am not going to make you get Protected Senses to reflect this however,,,I don't feel its needed.
Echo will be pretty much immune to most Sonic Dazzle just from the fact she is deaf. (unless it uses some sort of Hypersonic frequency that kayos people through bone conductivity.) :D

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
From Steve Kenson regarding Mimic:

"I usually count attack and defense bonus as "skills" for the purposes of Mimic, so if you can mimic all skills, you can mimic those abilities as well."

Also some checking around...
Mimic (Skills) +10 (Extras: Additional Attributes [Feats], All Attributes, Continuous, Extra Subjects x4, Ranged x2; Flaw: Limited to "Reflexive" Skills [GM Call]; Flaw: Must See Skill/Feat in use; 9 pp).

Would allow her a +10 BaseAttack 20 BaseDefense. A Host of Skills at +10 and Every Combat Feat for 90 pts.

At least potentially :cool:

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
deadestdai said:
Ya that's the one! Cool that you approve too! :)

Okay - will work on his stats. How long do I have to get that done btw? Only, I need to read thru the book and so forth.....

My research proved interesting...I didn't know Kane had Power Mimicking techno-organic limbs now.

www.mutanthigh.com/kane.html

That would be a whole lot of mimicking going on.

Any second choice or would you prefer a more "classic" Kane?

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
hero4hire said:
From Steve Kenson regarding Mimic:

"I usually count attack and defense bonus as "skills" for the purposes of Mimic, so if you can mimic all skills, you can mimic those abilities as well."

Also some checking around...
Mimic (Skills) +10 (Extras: Additional Attributes [Feats], All Attributes, Continuous, Extra Subjects x4, Ranged x2; Flaw: Limited to "Reflexive" Skills [GM Call]; Flaw: Must See Skill/Feat in use; 9 pp).

Would allow her a +10 BaseAttack 20 BaseDefense. A Host of Skills at +10 and Every Combat Feat for 90 pts.

At least potentially :cool:

Hmmm...I suppose if the attack and defense bonuses count as "skills", then it starts to look much better. I'll probably go with that then and just flesh out the rest of the character. We'll work out something to determine what she already has in her "mimicked" repertoire.

One thing I liked in the description was how disorienting it was to her opponents to have their exact combat moves used against them. Any idea on how to turn this into a minor bonus?

I also like the idea of her using this power to flawlessly mimic specific events, such as a dance or a basketball shot or the like (never play "HORSE" against her for money). I see this more as color for the power than something extra. As long as I don't abuse it, can we just consider this flavor for the power?

One other thing about the power. I see it as something that takes longer than a half action (flaw), but also that wouldn't necessitate a specific action on her part to activate (extra). Basically, she needs to watch an action through to completion in order to mimic it, but doesn't need to spent part of her turn doing so. Though they don't exactly fit the flaw/extra templates, I see these as pretty much a wash. Sound okay?

Rybaer

First Post
Rybaer said:
One thing I liked in the description was how disorienting it was to her opponents to have their exact combat moves used against them. Any idea on how to turn this into a minor bonus?

In response to my own question...I think taking the feats Startle and Surprise Strike, both with the Flaw: only on targets that have been studied fighting, could work pretty well to emulate this. Sound about right?

Remove ads