Heroes for Hire: Marvel's new hentai title!

Klaus

First Post
If anyone wants to discuss this cover further, I suggest moving the topic to Circvs Maximvs. I agree with Piratecat that the topic may be a bit too risqué for the younger crowd, so I'll refrain from posting here.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Hand of Evil said:
QFT - People seem to have dirty minds, kind of makes you wonder what they are thinking and repressing. :) Now, that Jessica Abba poster of her eatting an ice cream cone, that is just erotic! :cool:
Sighs. Man, if I could smoke... ;)

*jumps into a cold shower*

Nuclear Platypus

First Post
Admittedly its not the most tasteful of covers but its no less different than Power Girl's bust size increases, Rainmaker's "is she lesbian or bisexual?" from Gen13, anyone else drawn in the manner of Psylocke / Cyblade, Fairchild, Lady Death, etc. or even the (by today's standards) tame stuff that got the Comics Code in place.

*shrug* We go nuts over something meant to do so like the famous Madonna Brittany kiss or even something probably semi intentional like a certain Superbowl Wardrobe Malfunction or the double standard that got Don Imus. Now movies can get an "R" rating for smoking.

It's all just a really bad case of PT Barnum-ism - have to go to greater lengths to get a bigger shock value.

DC's had more success with the earthshaking events like Knightfall and Death of Superman while Marvel's yet to have their "big" thing so its like they'll go with the smaller victories like this cover.

Remove ads