• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes, Inc.: Aftermath

kirinke

First Post
After Beorn had placed her near Timrin in the infirmery, so they could converse and plan, the news of the terrible events started to trickle in, each more horrible and grim than the last.

Alethia looked bleak and pale as the reports finished. "All of this, engineered by Cronos and the rest of the twice damned. They attack on so many fronts, how can we unravel all of their plots? How can we even convince the others involved in this, the innocents who think that their neighbors are at fault that they aren't?" she let herself fall back into the pillows, staring up at the ceiling.

"Most of their attacks here have been staged from below ground, from using the sewers and what they access. Skullport and the Underdark. Whatever they may feel about the surface dwellers, Waterdeep is their city too. If Cronos and his fellow demons win, they will become slaves along with the rest of us. At least with us, we generally leave them alone unless they decide to get snotty." she looked at Timrin. "We need allies, ones who know the dark underground. Seperately we shall most surely all fall, united we have a chance of surviving."

Falkus

Explorer
"This is out of my depth, I hate politics," Dyria muttered to whoever was listening. "That army gathering in the north, I might be able to offer advice on. Those groups tend to fall apart if you take out the leader. If I could kill this supposodly unwoundable ogre, it should stop their advance, and possibly cause the whole thing to collapse if his lieutenants start fighting each other over who gets wear the big hat."

DM_Matt

First Post
Hawkeye said:
"What do you know about these cat creatures?"

Hawkeye

"I've heard of a number of humanoid creatures that look like cats, but as far as the ones who were attacking people in the square, I could only guess. I wasn't coordinating with them or anything, I was just staying out of their way and taking advantage of their keeping those targets in the same place."

DM_Matt

First Post
Falkus said:
"This is out of my depth, I hate politics," Dyria muttered to whoever was listening. "That army gathering in the north, I might be able to offer advice on. Those groups tend to fall apart if you take out the leader. If I could kill this supposodly unwoundable ogre, it should stop their advance, and possibly cause the whole thing to collapse if his lieutenants start fighting each other over who gets wear the big hat."

Dyria recalls the flashbacks she received when she first melded with her gauntlet and how it was keyed to the Master of War, who supposedly could not be wounded in combat. If this is that demon, then the legends about him are true with but one exception: He cannot be wounded, except by her.

DM_Matt

First Post
Meanwhile, no one has gotten around to interrogating the assassin who attacked Shando, and Kayla is demanding an explanation as to why she is being held as well as being a very difficult patient for the infirmiry staff. Early on the second evening after the attack, and after some more powerful clerics are brought in the help, Maggie begins showing signs of improvement, but does not wake up.

Hawkeye

First Post
DM_Matt said:
Meanwhile, no one has gotten around to interrogating the assassin who attacked Shando, and Kayla is demanding an explanation as to why she is being held as well as being a very difficult patient for the infirmiry staff. Early on the second evening after the attack, and after some more powerful clerics are brought in the help, Maggie begins showing signs of improvement, but does not wake up.

OOC: DM, since Shando is not really a interrogator, I was expecting that the questioning wasn't taking that long. I am still working up to Kayla. ;)

Hawkeye

Hawkeye

First Post
DM_Matt said:
"I've heard of a number of humanoid creatures that look like cats, but as far as the ones who were attacking people in the square, I could only guess. I wasn't coordinating with them or anything, I was just staying out of their way and taking advantage of their keeping those targets in the same place."

"So it was just a coincidence that you attacked at the same time the cat creatures did AND Lady Aleena attacks? Unlikely I think. You will be taken back to your bed to rest and recuperate. You will be turned over to the city for justice."

Hawkeye

Falkus

Explorer
DM_Matt said:
Dyria recalls the flashbacks she received when she first melded with her gauntlet and how it was keyed to the Master of War, who supposedly could not be wounded in combat. If this is that demon, then the legends about him are true with but one exception: He cannot be wounded, except by her.

"And," she added. "If the memories I got when I got my gauntlet are accurate, then I'm the only persoon on this planet whi could injure this ogre in combat. As soon as we have time, I should get teleported up north to challenge him."

If nobody else wants to do it right now, Dyria will volunteer to interrogate Kayla.

frostrune

First Post
kirinke said:
After Beorn had placed her near Timrin in the infirmery, so they could converse and plan, the news of the terrible events started to trickle in, each more horrible and grim than the last.

Alethia looked bleak and pale as the reports finished. "All of this, engineered by Cronos and the rest of the twice damned. They attack on so many fronts, how can we unravel all of their plots? How can we even convince the others involved in this, the innocents who think that their neighbors are at fault that they aren't?" she let herself fall back into the pillows, staring up at the ceiling.

"Most of their attacks here have been staged from below ground, from using the sewers and what they access. Skullport and the Underdark. Whatever they may feel about the surface dwellers, Waterdeep is their city too. If Cronos and his fellow demons win, they will become slaves along with the rest of us. At least with us, we generally leave them alone unless they decide to get snotty." she looked at Timrin. "We need allies, ones who know the dark underground. Seperately we shall most surely all fall, united we have a chance of surviving."

Timrin listens but distractedly. His eyes have a far off look and he occassionally peeks over at Maggie.

He responds, "I have my doubts about the skulkers in the deep but the thieves of Waterdeep do have much to lose. They must currently be selling their knowledge to our enemies... or they have simply been overrun by them."

"This type of negotiation is out of my league but perhaps someone should try and make contact and convince them to stop. Short term profits aren't worth the long term loss."

DM_Matt

First Post
frostrune said:
Timrin listens but distractedly. His eyes have a far off look and he occassionally peeks over at Maggie.

He responds, "I have my doubts about the skulkers in the deep but the thieves of Waterdeep do have much to lose. They must currently be selling their knowledge to our enemies... or they have simply been overrun by them."

"This type of negotiation is out of my league but perhaps someone should try and make contact and convince them to stop. Short term profits aren't worth the long term loss."

(Skullport is pretty far down, and the only uses of the sewers that you know of were just below the surface. Also, the only confirmed use of the sewers this time around was the bombs or bomb-like magical devices underneath some manhole covers.)

Remove ads