• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes, Inc.: Aftermath

DM_Matt

First Post
Hawkeye said:
"By the time you are disavowed, you will already be in the hands of the authorities of Waterdeep. The choice is yours."

Hawkeye

"Are you implying that there is an alternative to being turned over?"

Last edited:

DM_Matt

First Post
Steve Gorak said:
OCC 1: Hey Guys! I just got a new job and my life is a bit crazy these days. I apologize for the dismal posting frequency.

I think I'll go for darf foresight for the leveling up. It's foresight as the spell + 100ft telepathy. This way, the party won't be suprized and ambushed anymore (Murdoch will basicall be using the invocation on everybody, all the time). I was hesitating between that and eldrich doom (blast every foe within 20ft, no attack necessary) by I think we need an extra edge, not necessarily more damaging power. I'm open to change this, if someone feels strongly one way or another.

IC: After Murdoch made sure the Simulacrum's story was indeed truthful (using junior company members to cast discern lies), he would have joined the others. Hearing the discussion about the sewers, Murdoch would have asked Barnak to cast Prying Eyes and report his findings.

The eyes do uncover three mundane criminal enterprises, which Barnak reports to the Watch, but he finds nothing going on especially relevant to this matter.

Falkus

Explorer
Since there's no objections, Dyria headed into the infirmary, puledl up a chair next to Kayla, and started asking a few simple questions. "So, how are you feeling? she asked.

Hawkeye

First Post
DM_Matt said:
"Are you implying that there is an alternative to being turned over?"

"No, you will still have to be turned over. I have no choice. I just can'tt gurantee your treatment under their hands. I can guarantee your treatment while with us. You may be tortured. You may have your will subverted. I also think that we may be able to use any information that you have sooner than the Lords of Waterdeep, if any live. You may just be killed out of revenge, without trial. There is a greater war going on out there, one being waged by great beings of power, beings that make the arch wizards of Waterdeep and the Zulkiar's of Thay look like novices. We are trying to prevent that. Do you want to see all of Faerun descend into chaos and war? Thay itself may de destroyed with everything else. Do you truly wish to see that? Shando smiles wryly. "For cultural representative you seem to know how to use a knife rather well."

Hawkeye

frostrune

First Post
OOC: I finally have my cohort stat'ed out and it's as good of time as any to introduce my followers

IC:

A small commotion erupts near the door of the infirmary interupting the conversation.

One of the junior members on duty says (somewhat louder this time and with a little edge), "Sir, no one is allowed in here right now. I will inform Sir Timrin of your arrival but you will have to wait outside. No exceptions." Other active members are seen moving toward the door in anticipation of a fight.

A harsh commanding voice rises above the din, "The Lord Helm's business supercedes your nonsense protocol. Sir Timrin is in trouble and I will not stand down until I am sure he is safe!! MOVE ASIDE!!!". The latter statement is laced with power <greater command> and the youngerster and those around him are horrified as they forced to comply.

Revealed in the doorway is an imposing man encased in dust caked plate armor. His sword and shield are safely stowed and his helm is cradled under his left arm. He is a human of middle age and sports long gray and a well trimmed beard.

He scans the room breifly before Durodan and some more seasoned members arrive to intervene.

"HOLD!!"

They are the first words you have heard from Timrin in some time; you weren't even sure he was paying attention.

With somewhat less authority he says, "Let him pass. He's more growl than bite." A smile appears on his stoic face for the first time since the ball ended.

The stranger pushes his way past the obviously annoyed guards and heads right for the group. Timrin grits his teeth and uses every ounce of his considerable will to stand.

"Helm's Shield but you are a mess!", the stranger exclaims.

"Good to see you too, old man," Timrin quips.

The stranger drops to one knee at the bedside, heedless of the stares from Beor, Alethia and the others.

"Sir Timrin, forgive my abrupt entrance but Lord Helm impressed me with the utmost urgency. I can see why <looking at the grievous wounds you all bear>."

Timrin looks palid and weary. "On your feet Devan and give me a proper greeting. You already dispenced with the formalities when you parted our men like the moat at Myratma."

The two men share a warrriors hug though Devan has to almost hold Timrin up. "By the gods boy, sit and let's get you taken care of. Don't these northerners know how to bind a wound?"

Devan almost starts to cast when Timrin abruptly says, "NO! No, she needs it more than I." He points toward Maggie and his smile disappears and spirit sags. "Please, help her."

Devan eyes him a bit curiously but moves to comply.

"Whew," Devan exclaims upon reviewing Maggie's wounds, "What in the Nine Hells did you folks get into? Thank Helm I made it in time." You feel the air ripple with power as he begins to cast his most potent heal <Heal - 140 hp restored, all conditions rejuvenated>.

Maggie's grievous wounds instantly heal and color returns to cheeks. She looks tremendously better but still remains unconcious. "That one was one step from Kelemvor's door. Helm's hammering fist Timrin, what did you get up against?"

"Later," is Timrin's only reply as he slumps back to his bed much relieved at Maggie's turn for the better.

Devan shakes his head and winks at Alethia. "Good thing I always come prepared." He steps back around the bed and again calls upon the power of Helm to heal Sir Timrin <Heal 140 hp returned, doesn't work on broken hearts however :p >.

"Don't worry lass," he says looking at Alethia, "I've got plenty more. I'll get you and this sorry bunch back on their feet in no time."

Timrin sits up and smiles wrly as Devan sets to work healing Alethia and any others nearby.

OOC: he will spontaneously convert tons of spells to various cures until the infirmary starts looking less like a morgue and more like a battle ready unit.

More to follow later.

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
"I'll be better in a few days, mostly what I need is bedrest and a few cure spells." Alethia said, though her pale face still indicates that she is far from well, but determined to contribute whatever she can.

DM_Matt

First Post
Hawkeye said:
"No, you will still have to be turned over. I have no choice. I just can'tt gurantee your treatment under their hands. I can guarantee your treatment while with us. You may be tortured. You may have your will subverted. I also think that we may be able to use any information that you have sooner than the Lords of Waterdeep, if any live. You may just be killed out of revenge, without trial. There is a greater war going on out there, one being waged by great beings of power, beings that make the arch wizards of Waterdeep and the Zulkiar's of Thay look like novices. We are trying to prevent that. Do you want to see all of Faerun descend into chaos and war? Thay itself may de destroyed with everything else. Do you truly wish to see that? Shando smiles wryly. "For cultural representative you seem to know how to use a knife rather well."

Hawkeye

"That skill is an important part of our culture," she says, smiling for the first time, as she's still visibly in pain. "I also display national dances and weapons drills, cook Thayan food, and sing Thayan songs."

"I don't know anything about these dire matters of which you speak. I know quite a lot about the workings of Thayan diplomacy and espionage, however, which I am quite willing to discuss in depth in return for leniency."

DM_Matt

First Post
frostrune said:
OOC: I finally have my cohort stat'ed out and it's as good of time as any to introduce my followers

IC:

A small commotion erupts near the door of the infirmary interupting the conversation.

One of the junior members on duty says (somewhat louder this time and with a little edge), "Sir, no one is allowed in here right now. I will inform Sir Timrin of your arrival but you will have to wait outside. No exceptions." Other active members are seen moving toward the door in anticipation of a fight.

A harsh commanding voice rises above the din, "The Lord Helm's business supercedes your nonsense protocol. Sir Timrin is in trouble and I will not stand down until I am sure he is safe!! MOVE ASIDE!!!". The latter statement is laced with power <greater command> and the youngerster and those around him are horrified as they forced to comply.

Revealed in the doorway is an imposing man encased in dust caked plate armor. His sword and shield are safely stowed and his helm is cradled under his left arm. He is a human of middle age and sports long gray and a well trimmed beard.

He scans the room breifly before Durodan and some more seasoned members arrive to intervene.

"HOLD!!"

They are the first words you have heard from Timrin in some time; you weren't even sure he was paying attention.

With somewhat less authority he says, "Let him pass. He's more growl than bite." A smile appears on his stoic face for the first time since the ball ended.

The stranger pushes his way past the obviously annoyed guards and heads right for the group. Timrin grits his teeth and uses every ounce of his considerable will to stand.

"Helm's Shield but you are a mess!", the stranger exclaims.

"Good to see you too, old man," Timrin quips.

The stranger drops to one knee at the bedside, heedless of the stares from Beor, Alethia and the others.

"Sir Timrin, forgive my abrupt entrance but Lord Helm impressed me with the utmost urgency. I can see why <looking at the grievous wounds you all bear>."

Timrin looks palid and weary. "On your feet Devan and give me a proper greeting. You already dispenced with the formalities when you parted our men like the moat at Myratma."

The two men share a warrriors hug though Devan has to almost hold Timrin up. "By the gods boy, sit and let's get you taken care of. Don't these northerners know how to bind a wound?"

Devan almost starts to cast when Timrin abruptly says, "NO! No, she needs it more than I." He points toward Maggie and his smile disappears and spirit sags. "Please, help her."

Devan eyes him a bit curiously but moves to comply.

"Whew," Devan exclaims upon reviewing Maggie's wounds, "What in the Nine Hells did you folks get into? Thank Helm I made it in time." You feel the air ripple with power as he begins to cast his most potent heal <Heal - 140 hp restored, all conditions rejuvenated>.

Maggie's grievous wounds instantly heal and color returns to cheeks. She looks tremendously better but still remains unconcious. "That one was one step from Kelemvor's door. Helm's hammering fist Timrin, what did you get up against?"

"Later," is Timrin's only reply as he slumps back to his bed much relieved at Maggie's turn for the better.

Devan shakes his head and winks at Alethia. "Good thing I always come prepared." He steps back around the bed and again calls upon the power of Helm to heal Sir Timrin <Heal 140 hp returned, doesn't work on broken hearts however :p >.

"Don't worry lass," he says looking at Alethia, "I've got plenty more. I'll get you and this sorry bunch back on their feet in no time."

Timrin sits up and smiles wrly as Devan sets to work healing Alethia and any others nearby.

OOC: he will spontaneously convert tons of spells to various cures until the infirmary starts looking less like a morgue and more like a battle ready unit.

More to follow later.

The medics get the idea and discuss the situation with Devan. Speciafically, one explains Maggie's condition: "She has been unconscious for two full days now. Up untl a few hours ago she was comatose, but while her reletive improvement is encouraging, that does mean that she feels pain while asleep. We're doing what we can about that. She should start to wake up soon, but she'll need a bit more tie to recover. Due to the injury to her spine, which we were forunately able to repair, it will take anywhere form a few days to a few weeks of excercise to get her legs working right again."

Hours later, in the middle of the night, she stirs and begins to open her eyes.

DM_Matt

First Post
Falkus said:
Since there's no objections, Dyria headed into the infirmary, puledl up a chair next to Kayla, and started asking a few simple questions. "So, how are you feeling? she asked.

The medics have gotten quite fed up with Kayla's whining and have been giving her that tea they gave Alethia. To be fair, though, she is in the worst condition of anyone there except Maggie.

Kalya doesnt sit up "The pains not too bad...pretty dizzy though. Why am I a prisoner here?"

Hawkeye

First Post
DM_Matt said:
"That skill is an important part of our culture," she says, smiling for the first time, as she's still visibly in pain. "I also display national dances and weapons drills, cook Thayan food, and sing Thayan songs."

"I don't know anything about these dire matters of which you speak. I know quite a lot about the workings of Thayan diplomacy and espionage, however, which I am quite willing to discuss in depth in return for leniency."

"I am well aware of the difference between someone who knows how to perform a weapons drill and someone who knows how to use the weapon properly. Knowing the first doesn't necessarily mean knowing the latter. In tournaments, I have seen those who knew could perform their katas with precision and speed, but couldn't throw a proper punch to save their life. You know both. You know how to kill. Luckily, Ilmater was watching over me. I believe that you are probably much more than a cultural representative. I will pass on your willingness to talk to the proper authorities. I do not know what they will do with the information, but I will intercede as I have promised. You will be taken back to your bed to rest and recuperate.

Shando calls the guards in and has the assassin sent back to the infirmary.

OOC: What is our ruling on the timeline here DM, just so I cna figure out what to do next?

Hawkeye

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads