• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes, Inc.: Aftermath

kirinke

First Post
ooc:
What about the first attack, the one with that pus-dragon thing? That was below ground too. Not to mention the plague bugs. They were using the sewers too. And there a few things that infest sewers besides rats. Goblins and kobolds. Not to mention the homeless.

DM_Matt

First Post
kirinke said:
ooc:
What about the first attack, the one with that pus-dragon thing? That was below ground too. Not to mention the plague bugs. They were using the sewers too. And there a few things that infest sewers besides rats. Goblins and kobolds. Not to mention the homeless.

I meant this time around. But yeah, you could possibly find stuff out from them.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OCC 1: Hey Guys! I just got a new job and my life is a bit crazy these days. I apologize for the dismal posting frequency.

I think I'll go for darf foresight for the leveling up. It's foresight as the spell + 100ft telepathy. This way, the party won't be suprized and ambushed anymore (Murdoch will basicall be using the invocation on everybody, all the time). I was hesitating between that and eldrich doom (blast every foe within 20ft, no attack necessary) by I think we need an extra edge, not necessarily more damaging power. I'm open to change this, if someone feels strongly one way or another.

IC: After Murdoch made sure the Simulacrum's story was indeed truthful (using junior company members to cast discern lies), he would have joined the others. Hearing the discussion about the sewers, Murdoch would have asked Barnak to cast Prying Eyes and report his findings.

kirinke

First Post
Might be a good idea to scout out those folks. Maybe Shando could go, his contacts amongst the poor and destitute could help there.

Hawkeye

First Post
Shando calls for the assassin to be brought to the room. Once seated he speaks:

"I am Shando, humble servant of Ilmater. You have my word of honor and on my faith that while you are in our charge that you will not be tortured or mis-treated. You will be fed and your wounds will continue to be cared for. If someone does mis-treat you, I need to be told. I cannot speak as to what the city of Waterdeep will do once we turn you over to them. You will have to answer for your crimes. Giving us the information that we need may help lessen your punishment. You will probably be subjected to some form of magical scrying to determine the veracity of your statements. If the information you give us, helps us in our cause, I will intercede on your behalf, but I can't guarantee those results. I can see in your eyes that you are contemplating if you can overpower me and escape. I have already proven that I am more than capable of stopping you and making the process very painful for you. So to the questions:

Who are you and why did you attack the Lady Aleena last night?

Hawkeye

kirinke

First Post
ooc:
Is Kurin associated with Abraxas? He seems to fit the bill. Composite being associated with fire... Ooo. Does Alethia sense that Abraxas is within the city?

DM_Matt

First Post
kirinke said:
ooc:
Is Kurin associated with Abraxas? He seems to fit the bill. Composite being associated with fire... Ooo. Does Alethia sense that Abraxas is within the city?

Alethia concentrates on finding Abraxus, and senses, in general, that he is arouhd Waterdeep.

DM_Matt

First Post
Hawkeye said:
Shando calls for the assassin to be brought to the room. Once seated he speaks:

"I am Shando, humble servant of Ilmater. You have my word of honor and on my faith that while you are in our charge that you will not be tortured or mis-treated. You will be fed and your wounds will continue to be cared for. If someone does mis-treat you, I need to be told. I cannot speak as to what the city of Waterdeep will do once we turn you over to them. You will have to answer for your crimes. Giving us the information that we need may help lessen your punishment. You will probably be subjected to some form of magical scrying to determine the veracity of your statements. If the information you give us, helps us in our cause, I will intercede on your behalf, but I can't guarantee those results. I can see in your eyes that you are contemplating if you can overpower me and escape. I have already proven that I am more than capable of stopping you and making the process very painful for you. So to the questions:

Who are you and why did you attack the Lady Aleena last night?

Hawkeye

"My name is Jalassra Norta. I am...was...a cultural representative at the Thayan Enclave in Waterdeep, until Aleena destroyed it. I was away at the time. When the five of us returned to Waterdeep, our wizard received orders to do what we did the other night. In my country it is the law that the orders of a Red Wizard must be followed. I wish to claim my rights as a prisoner of war, but I know that it is likely that I will be disavowed. If that happens, talk to me again. "

Hawkeye

First Post
DM_Matt said:
"My name is Jalassra Norta. I am...was...a cultural representative at the Thayan Enclave in Waterdeep, until Aleena destroyed it. I was away at the time. When the five of us returned to Waterdeep, our wizard received orders to do what we did the other night. In my country it is the law that the orders of a Red Wizard must be followed. I wish to claim my rights as a prisoner of war, but I know that it is likely that I will be disavowed. If that happens, talk to me again. "

"By the time you are disavowed, you will already be in the hands of the authorities of Waterdeep. The choice is yours."

Hawkeye

Remove ads