• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes, Inc., Day 1: Mysterious Strangers

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Crimson (Female 'Human' Psion)

Alethia said:
"Don't remember...like normal dreams...like...memories, images...flashes, not details"
On the comment, Crimson looked to Fin and mentioned, "I don't have anything ready that can get in there and take a look around . . . a Detect Thoughts might help."

While it was still active, Crimson scanned over everyone with her True Sight, including the newcomers and Alethia.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Keia said:
On the comment, Crimson looked to Fin and mentioned, "I don't have anything ready that can get in there and take a look around . . . a Detect Thoughts might help."

Fin shakes his head. "Arundel's department, I'm afraid. Once he finds us, we can keep it in mind."

Hawkeye

First Post
kirinke said:
Alethia looks at the monk. "His death isn't your fault Shando. He was a father and warrior defending his daughter. He knew what he was doing my friend. I do not think he would blame you for his death," she added, helping Timrin deal with the wounded, using her wand freely.

"You are a stranger to me, so you don't understand. One of the purposes of my Order is the protection of others, particularly those that we have been charged to protect. To lose your charge to death is the ultimate failure. Yes, I know that he was protecting his city and his daughter. That doesn't change the fact that he was my charge and he died while under my charge. I must find a way to atone for that failure."

Hawkeye

Ranger Rick

First Post
Hawkeye said:
"...... That doesn't change the fact that he was my charge and he died while under my charge. I must find a way to atone for that failure."

Kaarlo absently nods his head in agreement as he over hears this.

DM_Matt

First Post
Keia said:

While it was still active, Crimson scanned over everyone with her True Sight, including the newcomers and Alethia.

True Sight doesn't show anytihng odd.

kirinke

First Post
Hawkeye said:
"You are a stranger to me, so you don't understand. One of the purposes of my Order is the protection of others, particularly those that we have been charged to protect. To lose your charge to death is the ultimate failure. Yes, I know that he was protecting his city and his daughter. That doesn't change the fact that he was my charge and he died while under my charge. I must find a way to atone for that failure."

Alethia nods. "I understand about honor my friend. And those who are truly behind this are still at large." she smiled at the monk. "It appears that my path does run in the same direction as this group. I will help you and your friends find these criminals," she said.

Last edited:

Hawkeye

First Post
kirinke said:
Alethia nods. "I understand about honor my friend. And those who are truly behind this are still at large." she smiled at the monk. "It appears that my path does run in the same direction as this group. I will help you and your friends find these criminals," she said.

"This isn't about honor, but duty."

Hawkeye

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Hawkeye said:
"This isn't about honor, but duty."

For perhaps the first time since Goran first appeared at the party this evening, Fin permits himself a grin. Behind Shando's back, he catches Dyria's eye and begins mouthing the words to the monk's all-too-familiar 'duty' speech.

Their charge is dead (perhaps irrevocably so), there's a powerful vampire still on the loose, and the Unseelie Court have yet to put in a second appearance; Fin is as upset as Shando by the situation - Helm, after all, takes protection rather seriously. But the monk's words help put things in perpective a little - if nothing else, tonight they've saved a girl's life, thinned out the ranks of an evil cult, and potentially prevented an ancient demon being unleashed on the city.

Once that settles in, Fin squares his shoulders and nods firmly.

"All right - let's go upstairs and hear what our friend with the fancy sword has to say."

Last edited:

Hawkeye

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
For perhaps the first time since Goran first appeared at the party this evening, Fin permits himself a grin. Behnid Shando's back, he catches Dyria's eye and begins mouthing the words to the monk's all-too-familiar 'duty' speech.

OOC: Now you make me want to write something much more extensive and profound ;) :p

"Yes, lets see what 'Lord' Drakkenmere has to say."

OOC: Fly spell still working?

Hawkeye

Remove ads