Heroes, Inc., Day 1: Mysterious Strangers

Falkus

Explorer
OOC: Good thing Dyria wasn't around when you said that

Dyria followed the others as they made plans on how to return Aleena to a place of safety. Her hand was on the handle of her whip dagger, and she was on the look out for trouble, like a good bodyguard.

DM_Matt

First Post
Ranger Rick said:
OOC: Not knowing waterdeep history/background, who are the red wizards?

[Super-Evil cabal of wizards who rule the vaguely-Arab county of Thay in the east. They sell magical items in sovereign enclaves they have established worldwide, and do in fact routinely practice slavery].

Ranger Rick

First Post
DM_Matt said:
[Super-Evil cabal of wizards who rule the vaguely-Arab county of Thay in the east. They sell magical items in sovereign enclaves they have established worldwide, and do in fact routinely practice slavery].

OOC: Than I would like to withdraw my comment as Kaarlo would have known that information.

kirinke

First Post
Alethia pauses at the door and curses roundly when Kaarlo mentioned the flying spell. "Damn, I had completely forgotten about that spell. I had no idea it could last this long," she admits ruefully.

DM_Matt

First Post
You manage to fly home, leaving out the back and taking a roundabout route while guardsmen distracted the crowd by parading out the imprisoned cultists. You get Aleena to the infirmary where they examine her and put her to bed.

Meanwhile, your researchers have been analyzing the sample of the glittery dust found at the carriage that the evil fey used on Aleena. It is a combination of faerie dust and some sort of natural venom with narcotic and hallucinogenic properties. The dust itself is a magical catalyst, especially for mind-effecting and enchantment magics, and can also be used to enhance chemical compounds and bind magic to mundane items. Faerie dust is usually secreted naturally by fey, and its possible that this particular fey produces the dust and the venom together as a compound. Strong enchantment magic, as well as a lot of chaos and some evil, is detected on the substance, indicating that a spell of some sort was likely bound to the poison with the dust. Unseelie magics are greatly weakened by the dawn, just as Seelie magics are weakened by the sunset, so it is possible that the magic will fade in the morning and the venom will then start to wear off.

Hawkeye

First Post
kirinke said:
Alethia pauses at the door and curses roundly when Kaarlo mentioned the flying spell. "Damn, I had completely forgotten about that spell. I had no idea it could last this long," she admits ruefully.

OOC: Ahem, I think that was Shando. ;)

Hawkeye

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
The evidence of recent battle on the returning heroes obviously causes Hannah some concern; she is visibly relieved when Fin enters the building showing no signs of harm.

"Sorry about dinner," Fin offers, running a hand through his hair in a tired fashion. "I'll make it up to you some night we aren't saving the world..."

"You can make it up by telling me all about it!" the bard insists.

"Has Arundel made it back?" Fin adds.

-----

"Not a bad night's work," Fin comments, awfully calm in the face of the impressive total at the bottom of the list of recovered valuables. "May I suggest we reimburse Alethia for her amulet, before the division? And the twenty-five thousand for Peregion's resurrection should come out of the Company share... we were protecting him, after all."

"With luck, we'll get that twenty-five back when we cancel Goran's draft," he adds.

Hawkeye

First Post
"I think it would be a good idea to put a watch on our friends in the ship. We could send a small team down there to do surveillance only."

Hawkeye

Remove ads