• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Must Rise! [Erekose13 Judging](Concluded)

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Are all spells cast as quickened actions? I skimmed the thread & see that Planus did that earlier, but there was no blanket statement as such. I guess we're just figuring it out. So all spells are essentialy free actions? Thanks for putting Iggy on full defense then, Patlin.

I think Iggy can come to a full stop in round 4. He's still probably too far away to use his scorching rays, so he'll fire off a crossbow bolt at the one he already hit. 80' range. I think his opponent is one range increment away, so he takes a -2 to hit: 13+5=18;dmg6

OOC: SPells remaining:
Level 0 (4+1 div): detect magic(D), light(x2), message(x2)
Level 1 (3+1 int+1 div): mage armor, True Strike(D), magic missile(x2), comprehend languages
Level 2 (3+1 int+1 div): locate object(D), invisibility, scorching ray(x2), detect invisibility
Level 3 (2+1 int+1 div): Clairaudience/Clairvoyance(D), Haste(x2), Tongues

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I seem to have only mentioned it inside the knowledge the planes Sblock, but spells here are quickened by the planar traits. It's technically "may" be quickened, which is usefull since you can cast one quickened and then another one not and get off two per round. Too simplify life, and eliminate the danger that I may only think I've told you certain aspects of the environment, everyone is cleared to read the whole sblock. You've spent enough time here that you should be aware of all that by now, I think.

Also, while Iggy will come to a stop in round four, he must make a wisdom check in round 4 if he wishes to remain at a stop. Otherwise, he'll start falling the other way.

Patlin

Explorer
Round 3 Continues
Opale casts a near-instantaneous acid arrow spell, stirking X-R for 6 damage (and possible additional damage next round.) As she draws to a stop, she stabilizes herself so she is no longer falling in any direction. Having extra actions, she full defends.

Githyanki X-S falls another 300', winding up about 50' away from Opale, and takes a shot at her, using his momentum to good advantage. In spite of this, he misses badly, possibly due to Opale's coming to an unexpected stop. Skirmish Attack with Crossbow Sniper feat v. Opale (1d20+7=9, 1d8+2+1d6=4)

The Githyanki Gish Archer continues to pepper Charlarn with true strike arrows, dealing 4 damage. QTS Arrow v. Charlarn (1d20+6+20=43, 1d8+1=4) ooc: By the way, Steve, you seem to think Charlarn is more damaged than I think he is. Could you check your numbers?

Githyanki B-F begins to fall sideways, avoiding Ducane and Zack. B-F third attempt (1d20+14=19) He fires an arrow at Ducane as he does so, missing. Githyanki X-F v Ducane (1d20+6=8, 1d8+2=3)

[Planus is up next.]

SlagMortar

First Post
Cursing as the Gith shrugs off his blindness, Planus casts spiritual weapon at the Gish Archer (if in range 150 ft, otherwise don't cast), while trying to stop his fall. As he does so, he fires off two arrows at the nearest Gith (probably X-R).

OOC:
wisdom check to change gravity (1d20+3=13) I believe he failed at least once earlier so that should be success.
spiritual weapon (1d20+6=25, 1d8+1=9)
sw (critical threat confirmation) (1d20+6=25, 1d8+1=4) Sure hope that Gish is in range :eek:
bow shots (divine favor, PBS, rapid shot included) (1d20+7=14, 1d8+4=7, 1d20+7=13, 1d8+4=12)
Spells prepared:
0 (DC 13) 5/day: Detect Magic(x2), Light(x2), Guidance
1 (DC 14) 4/day: Bless, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil (x2)
2 (DC 15) 3/day: Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon (if in range)
3 (DC 16) 2/day: Blindness, Prayer
Domain:
1 (DC 14): Longstrider
2 (DC 15): Invisibility
3 (DC 16): Fly

Arrows remaining: 17

Patlin

Explorer
Initiative
Charlarn (23 Damage)
Iggy (4 Damage)
Githyanki X-R (20 Damage)
Opale
Githyanki X-S
Githyanki B-G
Githyanki B-F
Planus
Githyanki B-L
Ducane
Zack

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Range from Planus to Gish Archer calculation: At start, 900'. Planus has moved 300' toward him in each of rounds 1 and 2, and will move 150' more this round. The Gish Archer moved 150' in round 2 and 300' this round at an angle bringing him somewhat closer to Planus. He would be beyond Planus and off to one side at this point, prior to Planus's movement. Planus can resolve his attack either before or after the move. Currently, the Gish is about 100' away from Planus.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Patlin said:
Round 3 Continues
snip
The Githyanki Gish Archer continues to pepper Charlarn with true strike arrows, dealing 4 damage. QTS Arrow v. Charlarn (1d20+6+20=43, 1d8+1=4) ooc: By the way, Steve, you seem to think Charlarn is more damaged than I think he is. Could you check your numbers?
snip
Including this post:
round 1
7 damage
round 2
3 damage
round 2 continued
9 damage
round 3
4 damage
total damage=23
Charlarn's remaining hp at the beginning of round 4: 21/44

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 5/ranger 2

Round 4:
Charlarn thinks hard about slowing his fall so that he'll come to a stop near a Githyanki. The pain from his wounds distracts him , so he fails Wisdom check (1d20+3=6).

If he can, as Charlarn falls past a gith, he'll swing at him. The cleric swings wildly at his foe (natural 1). attack (1d20+8=9)

AC 18
HP 21/44

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: The spiritual weapon will be cast on the Gish at the end of Planus's movement. Since he was 40' away from X-R last round, I was thinking he could a strafing run by him and shoot once he was within 30 feet to benefit from point blank shot. Regardless, I would like to shoot X-R with the arrows. If I can't do that during the movement, then shoot arrows at X-R before movement (at range 40 feet so remove PBS), then move brining Planus within 100' of the Gish, then cast quickened spiritual weapon on the Gish. Is that adequately confusing?

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: If Planus casts the spiritual weapon after the movement, won't he be out of range? He's allready passed the Gish Archer, and is 100' distant. I think he'll be around 250' away by the end of the round.

Remove ads