• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Must Rise! [Erekose13 Judging](Concluded)

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 5/ranger 2

Round 5:
Charlarn figures that he won't be able to get close to an enemy without a lot of time. He tuck Goruskblain into his belt and reaches into the Handy Haversack for his crossbow. While doing that, the cleric concentrates on slowing down. Wisdom check (1d20+9=10)

AC 18
HP 30/44 at the start of round 5 (took 5 and 6 damage from the githyanki)

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Whew. This combat can be hard to follow, particularly if its been awhile between rounds. Rereading, it looks like Iggy successfullly slowed down in round 3, to 150'/round. Does he have to keep rerolling this each round. I think so, actually. I neglected to do this in round 4. Let me make that roll now. He is trying to stop, although I'm not sure if anyone is in range of him. 6-5=1. Even if his bonus continues, he'd still not slow. So in round 4, I guess he travels another 150 feet past the original point of the Gith archers. He'll try to slow again for round 5. 11-1=10 but he should have a +6 bonus for failing the round before. But that's still a failure. He's probably out of range of everyone now. He'll reload his crossbow and keep trying to slow.

Patlin

Explorer
Round 4 Continues
Wanting to get some crossbow bolts, Opale attempts to switch direction but fails (+6 on next attempt.) She still hopes to get more than one githyanki in her glitterdust spell, and remains at the ready should an opportunity arise. The Githyanki seem to be following a strategy of envolopment, spreading out around the party and firing their bows and crossbows. Given the speeds and distances involved, Opale begins to suspect that only a major change in enemy tactics would cause two of the Githyanki to aproach each other closely enough to be in range of her spell at the same time.

Githyanki X-S fires another wild crossbow bolt and begins to turn.

Githyanki B-G shoots Charlarn for 5 damage and changes direction. He seems to be spinning around for another pass.

Githyanki X-F misses Ducane.

[Planus is up.]

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus succeeds in changing direction to fall directly toward Gith B-G. He redirects the bastard sword of Mongrel and fires an arrow at B-G

OOC:
spiritual weapon (1d20+6=9, 1d8+1=7)
bow shot (1d20+8=25, 1d8+3=11)
If range even after "falling" is too much for the spiritual weapon (150') then ignore that part.
Spells prepared:

0 (DC 13) 5/day: Detect Magic(x2), Light(x2), Guidance
1 (DC 14) 4/day: Bless, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil (x2)
2 (DC 15) 3/day: Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon
3 (DC 16) 2/day: Blindness, Prayer
Domain:
1 (DC 14): Longstrider
2 (DC 15): Invisibility
3 (DC 16): Fly

Arrows remaining: 16

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]The gate is open for a quick moment only, so there is little interraction possible, but here what I was suggesting:

[SBLOCK=Possibility]COLOR=Yellow]"Opale! Charlarn! Iggy!"[/COLOR] shouts Rinaldo

"Rinaldo?" answers Opale confused.

Rinaldo see the group figthing and spots that Opale seems to do nothiong to help. "What are you doing? They need your help." tells Rinaldo, seeing Charlan, Iggy and the others figthing.

"I'm out of ammunition" shouts Opale.

"Catch that!" Rinaldo throw his quiver of bolt just as the gate starts to close.[/SBLOCK]

Can be found here.

Only thing such interraction mean one of my character give item to the other, it's just bolt, but still... so the gate could have closed just before, I see no problem. I find it just amusing to see two game crossing each other, even more these two where all things are crazy in both.[/SBLOCK]

Patlin

Explorer
Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=OOC]The gate is open for a quick moment only, so there is little interraction possible, but here what I was suggesting:

[SBLOCK=Possibility]COLOR=Yellow]"Opale! Charlarn! Iggy!"[/COLOR] shouts Rinaldo

"Rinaldo?" answers Opale confused.

Rinaldo see the group figthing and spots that Opale seems to do nothiong to help. "What are you doing? They need your help." tells Rinaldo, seeing Charlan, Iggy and the others figthing.

"I'm out of ammunition" shouts Opale.

"Catch that!" Rinaldo throw his quiver of bolt just as the gate starts to close.[/SBLOCK]

Can be found here.

Only thing such interraction mean one of my character give item to the other, it's just bolt, but still... so the gate could have closed just before, I see no problem. I find it just amusing to see two game crossing each other, even more these two where all things are crazy in both.[/SBLOCK]

ooc: Yes, I understood the passing of the bolts thing, and I'll write it in to the next combat round, as long as RA doesn't have any objection. I didn't notice a response to your SBLOCK in the Crux thread, and I'd like RA to confirm that it's OK to do this on his end. I don't know all the driving forces in Crux, but if Rinaldo succeeds in throwing the bolts through the gate (or whatever it is) I have no problem with Opale recieving them.

Remove ads