• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Must Rise! [Erekose13 Judging](Concluded)

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 5/ranger 2

Dalamar said:
"We can try negotiating with them, but killing them would be our safest bet for keeping our presence unknown," Zack notes.
Charlarn smiles grimly. "I don't think they let us borrow their ship. If we can trick them, that'd be better. There'll be less of a chance for us to get hurt. But if killing the ship's crew is only way to get the ship, then that's what we'll have to do. They're warriors. But slaughtering innocent miners is another thing. Anyway, it looks like we're getting close to the mine. It's weird out here without the Searcher's gentle winds in our face."

Patlin

Explorer
After landing on the big rock, the group walks over to the other side. A hole plunges into the center, and for a moment you are concerned that you might need to climb down the deep, dark shaft. Then you remember the strange rules of this place, and realize that the passage only leads "down" if you choose to let it.

The passage is 10'x by 10'. What sort of marching order would you like?

Velmont

First Post
"Just think the gravity is at your feat and you'll be able to walk on the walls." reminds Opale. "I'll be in the middle of the group. Who want to open and close the group?"

Manzanita

First Post
"Let's have our warriors go first. Zach & Ducane. Then Charlarn and me. Then T'Zeran and Opale. Then Planus." suggests Iggy. He then casts mage armor upon himself.

"T'zeran, do you have need of any more weapons or anything?"

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
"T'zeran, do you have need of any more weapons or anything?"

T'Zeran, having liberated his belongings from the sack in which the Githyanki had stowed them, believes he is fully equiped.

"Do we all wish to Orient the same way? We could have a tighter formation if we opposed our orientations." The Githzerai asks.

Manzanita

First Post
Patlin said:
T'Zeran, having liberated his belongings from the sack in which the Githyanki had stowed them, believes he is fully equiped.

"Do we all wish to Orient the same way? We could have a tighter formation if we opposed our orientations." The Githzerai asks.

"Right. You mean if we ascended like we were 'walking' up the side? I suppose that would be better." says Iggy.

"Perhaps I should scout ahead. I can now create an arcane eye which can see as I could. But it can only travel about 2000 feet. Perhaps I'll wait.

OOC: spells
Level 0 (4+1 div): detect magic(D), light(x2), message(x2)
Level 1 (4+1 int+1 div): mage armor, color spray, True Strike(D), protection from evil, magic missile(x2)
Level 2 (3+1 int+1 div): invisibility(x2), detect thoughts(D), scorching ray(x2)
Level 3 (2+1 int+1 div): Clairaudience/Clairvoyance(D), Haste(x2), Tongues
Level 4 (1+1 int+1 div): Arcane Eye, Mnemonic Enhancer(x2)

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 5/ranger 2

Manzanita said:
"Let's have our warriors go first. Zach & Ducane. Then Charlarn and me. Then T'Zeran and Opale. Then Planus." suggests Iggy. He then casts mage armor upon himself.
Charlarn says, "That sounds good. A rear guard is important in a place where attacks can come from any direction."

Once the party rearranges itself, he hands Zack one of his platinum rings. "Put that on, so I can share your injuries." Charlarn casts shield other on Zack. He readies his shield, but keeps Goruksblain on his belt.

AC 18
HP 44/44

Cleric Spells Prepared (5/4+1/3+1/2+1: save DC 13 + level):
0-detect magic, guidance, light (2), mending;
1-bless, cause fear, obscuring mist, sanctuary*, shield of faith;
2-hold person, shield other*, silence, summon monster II.
3-dispel magic, protection from energy*, stone shape.
*Domain spell.

SlagMortar

First Post
"I am totally going to walk on the ceilng." The idea however quickly loses appeal as Planus realizes he can only walk on the ceiling by convincing himself that it is not the ceilng. "When we get inside, I will call upon Mongrels blessing to help us and hinder our foes. Mongrel, make me swift. T'Zeran, do these enemies of your have mages on their side? Do they throw fireballs and lightning bolts?"

OOC:
Planus plans to cast Prayer at the beginning of the battle.
He casts Longstrider (+10 feet speed) now.
Spells prepared:
0 (DC 13) 5/day: Detect Magic(x2), Light(x2), Guidance
1 (DC 14) 4/day: Bless, Divine Favor (x2), Comprehend Languages
2 (DC 15) 4/day: Resist Energy, Shatter, Silence, Spiritual Weapon
3 (DC 16) 3/day: Blindness, Prayer, Dispel Magic
Domain:
1 (DC 14): Longstrider (in wilderness), Disguise Self (in cities)
2 (DC 15): Locate object, Invisibility(prepared)
3 (DC 16): Fly (prepared), Nondetection

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Sounds good," Zack says. For a moment, he considers using the magical greatsword they found some time ago, but decides that the familiarity of his scythe serves him better.

Remove ads