• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Must Rise! [Erekose13 Judging](Concluded)

Velmont

First Post
Opale gently shook her head. "Don't tell that Charlarn, I can imagine a few scenario that would make this little trip something pretty banal... I have a feeling that Rinaldo is not fine, but we have our trouble to solve, and Rinaldo have proven he can get out of his own. I'm not worry for the man. Maybe all that is just because of this place too. I love the city, it is animated, it is concentarted... here it is just a big empty and dull void. Not really the kind of place I like to be."

Patlin

Explorer
T'Zeran thanks Iggy for his offer, though he comments that it is difficult to predict whether such a danger will occur. He indicates that you are nearing the mine, and discusses with you at some link techniques for walking upon a solid object under the conditions of the astral plane. He also informs you that the course you have taken should bring you in on the far side of the ball of rock the Githyanki have been mining, in hopes of avoiding any sentries the miners may have posted... though they usually do not post any.

Manzanita

First Post
"Do the Githyanki not fear a Githzerai attack?" Iggy shakes his head. He'd been hoping to avoid war against these forces he does not understand. What if the Githyanki were on the side of right? Still. It was too weird not to be true, this vision T'Zeran had. This had to be the path they should take.

"So we come around the rock, after practicing our walking. Then we seize a ship, and leave. Do we need to eliminate all witnesses? Or do they lack any way of communicating faster than we can fly?"

Patlin

Explorer
"The Githyanki and Githzerai live quite far apart, and the Githyanki holdings are vast. While it is certainly foolish, I have seen no sign that the miners anticipate a possible attack. It is also possible that they consider the natural predators that roam the astral plane a greater threat than my people, and prefer not to attract the interest of the less intelligent threats by posting bits of food outside their door."

"I suppose it would be wise to eliminate any witnesses, though I had not considered it necessary."

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 5/ranger 2

Charlarn frowns. "I don't like the idea of killing beings just because they're in the way. We should find another way of keeping attention away from us. Maybe a distraction."

Patlin

Explorer
While the Githzerai doesn't appear to have Charlarn's moral qualms about slaughtering all witnesses, he also doesn't say anything further in support of Iggy's suggestion. He appears to consider such a slaughter expedient, but mildly distastefull. He'd go along with your decision either way. It is, and almost always has been from his perspective, a time of war. Such things are sometimes called for in a war.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"We can try negotiating with them, but killing them would be our safest bet for keeping our presence unknown," Zack notes.

Remove ads