Heroes Must Rise! [Erekose13 Judging](Concluded)

Velmont

First Post
"I can turn some of us invisible too. That could be even better. If they think this place is deserted, they will send people to inspect. Some could sneak inside the boat and other wait here and on a signal, everyone hit at teh same time. That way, it should be short and sweat." suggest Opale.

SlagMortar

First Post
"Mongrel let me do that once as well, and I bet would let me do it again. Invisibility is one of the virtues of the Dog. It is a special gift, though, that I can only do once a day."

Velmont

First Post
"So, Planus could turn himself invisible. I could easily prepare three of these spells and Iggy could supply three of them. That would allow to turn the seven of us invisible. We could place the body to looks like a rebellion from the dwarves, who has escaped. That will lower there defence thinking the threat is gone. As some inspect the mine, three person could sneak inside the boat as the four others stay outside and block the way to teh ship to teh ones who are inside and dispatch them." tells Opale.

Patlin

Explorer
Let's push this along a bit, as the planning session could take forever.

It should be easy to spot the ship before it spots you, and T'Zeran (having seen these ships before) thinks it will have to slow to a crawl in order to maneuver safely down the mine shaft and aproach the dock.

Seems to me that each of you has the following choices...

1. Inside the dock, where the Githyanki were in the last battle.
2. In the big open sphere shaped area.
3. In the back room behind the dock area. (Out of sight initially)
4. In the ore shute that the ship will presumably attach to. (Out of sight initially)

Additionally, you should specify whether you wish to be invisible and/or disguised as Githyanki. Once we know how many people would like to be invisible, the casters can decide which spells they wish to memorize over the next few days.

SlagMortar

First Post
"We should probably try to stick together so our spells can affect everyone. I know Mongrel will favor us and hinder our enemies, especially those near me at the start of combat."

Planus will be invisible. When the ambush is launched, he wants to be within 40 feet of the ship and his allies so he can affect everyone with Prayer. He will also try to stay out of sight (Hide +12) of the ship in case the Gith can see invisible.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy will keep on watch withi his spyglass. If they can see the ship approach, Iggy will head out of sight, and cast invisiblity on everyone who wants, including himself. He likes the plan of trying to sneak onto the ship before the attack.

"Let's all gather near the mast of the ship if possible. Someone should be selected to attack first, at which point, we should all join in. Perhaps it should be me who makes the first move. Or perhaps Ducane or Zach."

Iggy's spells:
Level 0 (4+1 div): detect magic(D), light(x2), message(x2)
Level 1 (4+1 int+1 div): mage armor, color spray, True Strike(D), protection from evil, magic missile(x2)
Level 2 (3+1 int+1 div): detect thoughts(D), invisibility(x3), scorching ray
Level 3 (2+1 int+1 div): Clairaudience/Clairvoyance(D), Haste(x2), Tongues
Level 4 (1+1 int+1 div): Arcane Eye, Mnemonic Enhancer(x2)

Iggy will cast one of his Mnemonic Enchancer when he awakens each morning. He'll use it to cast three more magic missiles.

Patlin

Explorer
T'Zeran mentions that astral ships do not generally have masts, as they function by willpower rather than through use of any sort of wind. He believes the ship will be fully enclosed, with two hatches: one for crew, and one for cargo. The dock is built to accomodate the ship, and if the ship lines up to collect cargo throgh the tube, it's passenger hatch should open near the door through which the party entered the dock.

The windows on the dock are larger than the portholes on the ship, but both sides should be able to see each other through those openings as the astral ship moves into position to dock. The windows or portholes could be blocked, but such an act would shout of hostile intent.

Velmont

First Post
"I can open with a Glitterdust spell, to blind some of them if possible. I woudl also suggest to have maybe two person in the ore drop ready to go through that hatch" suggests Opale

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 5/ranger 2

Charlarn pipes up, "I can go through the passenger hatch. I don't climb well enough to scramble up an ore chute. Phyrah's favor can protect me well enough, but if you have enough invisibility spells, I'd like one."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"You could just walk along the chute," Zack mutters to himself when Charlarn talks about not being able to climb. Out loud he says "I would prefer invisibility to disguise, entering through the passenger door."

Remove ads