Heroes Must Rise! [Erekose13 Judging](Concluded)

Velmont

First Post
"Just a wild guess, but I suggest to use some magic to breath underwater before entering this portal. If there is such fresh water, I wouldn't be surprise it could be a way to a plane of water or a large fresh mass of water..."

SlagMortar

First Post
"That's probably a good idea. I wonder what's in the city though. When are we going to be back this way? Probably never. Oh, right. The Lich. Well, I guess time is of the essence. Mongrel has already granted me the day's blessings and water breathing was not among them, though. Can anyone grant us that boon today?" Planus's eyes stray to the distance city. His mind is clearly wandering as he speaks to the others.

Manzanita

First Post
"Actually, I can cast a water breathing spell, if you'll give me a few minutes to prepare." says Iggy. He places a hand on Planus' shoulder, or his upper arm anyway.

"I would like to visit that city too, but you must admit, it could be dangerous in the extreme. Perhaps one day we will travel the planes together with less pressing business. For now, let's take this gate, if that is what it is."

Iggy will sit and meditate for 10 minutes, casting his second mnemonic enhancer spell. He will use it to prepare a water breathing spell. This will allow the party to breathe 16 hours underwater, or 2 hrs, 40 minutes each.

He will then see who volunteers to go first.

OOC:
Level 0 (4+1 div): detect magic(D), light(x2), message(x2)
Level 1 (4+1 int+1 div): mage armor, color spray, True Strike(D), protection from evil, magic missile(x2)
Level 2 (3+1 int+1 div): detect thoughts(D), invisibility(x2), levitate, mirror image
Level 3 (3+1 int+1 div): Clairaudience/Clairvoyance(D), Haste(x3), Tongues
Level 4 (2+1 int+1 div): Arcane Eye, Mnemonic Enhancer(x2), Stoneskin

First Mnemonic Enhancer cast to prepare 3 magic missiles. Second to cast water breathing.

Manzanita

First Post
Patlin said:
After a short study break, Iggy's magic missile spell is ready.

OOC: That would be his water breathing spell. I realize I've forgetten about Kennedy, his bat familliar, yet again. Kennedy could have flown up and checked out the lake. He will also need to be part of the water breathing spell. On reflection, 'share spell' will allow Kennedy to be affected by the part of the spell that affects Iggy.

IC: "I think someone should go first and go slowly. See if something changes. Maybe you can stick your head through the gate and see what's there, then swim back and tell us."

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 6/ranger 2

Charlarn pipes up. "I can go in. I can walk and poke around and come back."

If no one else volunteers, he takes his burnt shirt off and pulls out a trident from his haversack. "Good thing I saved this." He leaves the rest of his equipment, except his holy symbol, with the others. "I'm ready to go in, Ignatious."

SlagMortar

First Post
Iggy said:
Perhaps one day we will travel the planes together with less pressing business.
Planus smiles down at his companion. "Really! You think so! That would be great!" He's suddenly become more excited at the prospect of facing down this enemy since it will mean the adventures can continue. "Let's avoid the Astral plane next time if we can. That place was dull."
Charlarn said:
Charlarn pipes up. "I can go in. I can walk and poke around and come back."
"I can go, too. Unless it would be better to keep the healers split up."

Patlin

Explorer
Is anyone actually going in to the lake? Charlarn is ready to do so, but waiting on Iggy...

Is Iggy casting his spell at this point?

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy has been thinking, rubbinb his beard and pulling his ears.

"There is a real possibility we will end up on the plane of water. In this case, we would all die. None of us would be able to prepare another water breathing spell before the one I cast will expire. I hate to delay, but maybe we should wait here until we can prepare enough water breathing spells to keep us alive. I should make haste, but it's pointless if we all die."

Remove ads