Heroes Must Rise! [Erekose13 Judging](Concluded)

Manzanita

First Post
I know there's another adventure in the works. We've got to get this treasure wrapped up & keep moving. Help me out on the red items, please.

What if we sell:
Morningstar +1 (2308)
Greatsword +1 (2350)
MW composite longbow mighty +1 (500)
Potion of Reduce Person, (250)
Resist Energy (fire) (300) &
False Life (not listed in SRD)
Chainmail +1 (1300) -
How much does Rinaldo's shop buy these things for? 60%?

Chainshirt +1 (1250)does this need to be credited to Ducane somehow?
2 potions of Cure Moderate Wounds (assuming the other 12 have already been distributed evenly)
420+92.6-300+3800+7500 (for identifies) = 11,512.6 GPs.
Divine scroll of Dismissal (7th level) (1125 gps- a 5th level spell, so how could it be caster level 7?)

Iggy
Charlarn
Ducane (cure moderate wounds)
Zach (cloak 4000 & potion of cure moderate wounds)
Planus (scroll of dismissal)
Opale

Velmont

First Post
Yes Rinaldo buy items at 60%, it is the official rate. I've seldom do better price when negotiated, but as Opale is in teh group, I won't. I am not even sure the group can sell at Rinaldo's shop because Opale is in the group. We would need to speak with a judge to make sure we don't go against the conflict of two characters of a smae palyer trading to each other. (Note that is the reason why I never suggest it)

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:

While not listed, potions are priced by spell and caster level. The default caster level for a 2nd level spell potion is 3.

2*3*50=300

Now, why it lists reduce person at 250 instead of 50 is beyond me, but it does so you can sell it for the higher amount. Maybe it's caster level 5?

Velmont

First Post
Patlin said:
Now, why it lists reduce person at 250 instead of 50 is beyond me, but it does so you can sell it for the higher amount. Maybe it's caster level 5?

Yes, I think the reduce person potion have a default caster level at 5th, it's maximum effect.

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
Divine scroll of Dismissal (7th level) (1125 gps- a 5th level spell, so how could it be caster level 7?)

Dismissal
Abjuration
Level: Clr 4, Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One extraplanar creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes

[teasing]Hmm. Maybe Charlarn or Planus could help Iggy with that dilema? ;)[/teasing]

Steve Jung

Explorer
Manzanita said:
I know there's another adventure in the works. We've got to get this treasure wrapped up & keep moving. Help me out on the red items, please.

What if we sell:
Morningstar +1 (2308)
Greatsword +1 (2350)
Chainmail +1 (1300) -
How much does Rinaldo's shop buy these things for? 60%?

Chainshirt +1 (1250)does this need to be credited to Ducane somehow?
2 potions of Cure Moderate Wounds (assuming the other 12 have already been distributed evenly)
420+92.6-300+3800+7500 (for identifies) = 11,512.6 GPs.
Iggy
Charlarn (Charlarn wants the chain shirt +1. Xael said Ducane doesn't.)
Opale

I found False Life in the Hypertext SRD It's a Wiz/Sor 2 Necromancy spell

Erekose13

Explorer
Velmont said:
Yes Rinaldo buy items at 60%, it is the official rate. I've seldom do better price when negotiated, but as Opale is in teh group, I won't. I am not even sure the group can sell at Rinaldo's shop because Opale is in the group. We would need to speak with a judge to make sure we don't go against the conflict of two characters of a smae palyer trading to each other. (Note that is the reason why I never suggest it)

I suppose that would be me in this case. I'd say no because one of your characters (actually both) is making direct profit from an exchange with another of your characters. Sorry that affects everyone in an adventure with Opale or Riddik but I think it clearly falls under that LEW rule.

Manzanita

First Post
Erekose13 said:
I suppose that would be me in this case. I'd say no because one of your characters (actually both) is making direct profit from an exchange with another of your characters. Sorry that affects everyone in an adventure with Opale or Riddik but I think it clearly falls under that LEW rule.

Last time I go adventuring with Opale... :p . OK. Just kidding. Thanks for pointing out the dismissal spell angle, Patlin.

What if we sell:
Morningstar +1 (2308)
Greatsword +1 (2350)
False Life (300)
Chainmail +1 (1300) -
sell all this @50% nets 3654 gps.

Add our cash total of 11521.6 to get 15166.6 gps cash

Chainshirt +1 (1250)
2 potions of Cure Moderate Wounds (600)
Divine scroll of Dismissal (7th level) (700 gps)
cloak of resistance +2(4000)

treasure take total of 21,716.6 gp value. By 6 is 3,619.43. in which case, no one deserves the cloak. Anyone want to shell out a little for it? Does either cleric want the dismissal scroll? Am I missing anything?

Iggy
Charlarn
Opale

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: You should count any items we are keeping at half value when determining the total treasure value. Then a character can "buy" the item for half value from their treasure share. That would give 14429 gp total, or 2404.83 gp per person. So, whoever gets the cloak of resistance would only get 404.83 gp in cash. Planus would also take the cloak of resistance, but he'll give the original members of Clash of Earth and Sea dibs on selecting any items.

Planus does not want to keep the scroll of dismissal.

Dalamar

Adventurer
I'm willing to relinguish the cloak, as the money is more important for Zack as of now. He needs money so he can actually craft himself a new weapon.

Oh, and if people want masterwork weapons or armor, Zack should be able to craft both once we share the loot and he can buy himself masterwork tools.

Remove ads