D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Mindra frowns at Orves' gaze, but ignores it; men just can't seem to help themselves. Following Orves out to the armory she looks through the weapons, such as they are. There is no armor to speak of, or at least nothing that would fit her, and the one sword she found was rusted and falling apart. She did find two daggers that were well-made and still in good condition. She gives one an experimental throw, sticking it into the far wall, before turning back to Orves.

"These will do." Mindra fishes 4 gold out of her pouch and hands it over to Orves, then waits as Theremin picks out a crossbow.

OOC: Let’s make some rolls. You might get lucky. You can definitely find the two daggers, I will say, and definitely some light crossbows. Other weapons might be available via rolling.

Roll d100s for what you want
:
Studded Leather armor: 25% chance (I think that’s generous, but it’s easy)
Short sword: 50% chance
Short sword: 50% chance

How does that sound?

That sounds very fair. But my rolls don't agree. :)

% roll for armor, sword and sword: 1D100 = [57] = 57
1D100 = [75] = 75
1D100 = [96] = 96

Oh well. Mindra will pick up a couple daggers.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Essess/Bredonshire/Timberhand Logging Camp
29 Mother/1:54 AM
Weather: 78 F/25 C; No wind; Light rain
Round 0

Orves’ big, calloused hands covered Mindra’s as he took her gold. “Perhaps you and me can come to some other...arrangement for the daggers,” he said with a grin, moving in closer to the pretty elf.

[sblock=Actions]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana AC 17 12/12
Curdy AC 11 8/8
Garrett AC 18 15/15
Haldor AC 12 11/11
Liam AC 16 10/10
Mindra AC 15 11/11
Theremin AC 15 10/10
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
MAP

Initiative

Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra ahead of the torchlight, Haldor and Liam, Coriana, Curdy, Theremin, Garrett
Travel Pace: Normal
Travel activity:
Light: Coriana and Garrett with torches; Liam blindsight 30; Mindra, Theremin, and Haldor darkvision 60.
[/sblock]

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"I can think of one other arrangement," Mindra sneers, "it involves you lying on the ground and bleeding out."

Mindra quickly twists around trying to break his hold on her hand while with her other hand she frees the second dagger of its sheath and places it against his neck. She then glaces around, hoping that Theremin will show up looking for that crossbow he seemed so eager to get.

OOC: So much for a safe haven!

Anyway, I assumed that Mindra still had at least one hand free. And hopefully she succeeded on her escape attempt anyway so it won't matter.

Acrobatics check to escape: 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"Am I interrupting a lover's quarrel?" Theremin says as a joke, trying to lessen tensions. "I will be purchasing a crossbow and some bolts if your will, kind sir. And as an additional trade, I can assure you that this lovely lass has a beautiful voice. I can offer to accompany her singing, as I am sure this is what you were refering to for the "other" arrangement!"

OOC: Trying to appease the situation, without bloodsheed
Persuasion [roll0]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
29 Mother/1:55 AM
Round 0

Orves’ eyes widened as the slight elf jerked free and put one of the new daggers to his throat. “No need for violence, elfie!” he asserted, releasing her hand. “Just bein’ friendly!”

“Take the crossbow and bolts,” he told Theremin, backing away from Mindra. “On us.” He backed out of the armory, leaving them alone, rubbing his neck.

[sblock=Actions]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana AC 17 12/12
Curdy AC 11 8/8
Garrett AC 18 15/15
Haldor AC 12 11/11
Liam AC 16 10/10
Mindra AC 15 11/11
Theremin AC 15 10/10
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]

Initiative

Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra ahead of the torchlight, Haldor and Liam, Coriana, Curdy, Theremin, Garrett
Travel activity:
Light: Coriana and Garrett with torches; Liam blindsight 30; Mindra, Theremin, and Haldor darkvision 60.
[/sblock]

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"Friendly!? What a jerk!" Mindra fumes. "And 'lover's quarrel'? Really?" Mindra glares at Theremin, then she visibly controls her emotions and calms herself. "Still, thank you for your intervention. Jerk or no he probably has friends that would be upset if he wound up dead."

"We should probably get moving. We still have a girl to rescue."

OOC: A fun little interlude, but we should probably get back to our main quest. :)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin bows in appreciation as the man offers him a free crossbow. Once away, he inspects it thoroughly, to ensure it functions properly.

Answering Mindra "Perhaps the threat of imminent death is a rather harsh consequence for a proposal that was unwanted" the bard smiles at Mindra "it could have come from be, but of course, I would not have been maladroit!" He laughs earnestly. "In any case, it is my duty, and a pleasure to have been of service my lady". He then bows with respect.

As they rejoin the rest of the group, he adds "These folks were quite kind, and I do enjoy the relative safety of this place, but we have a maiden to rescus, so let us be on our way."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
29 Mother/1:56 AM
Round 0

As Mindra and Theremin returned to the saloon, Curdy stood up, anxious for them to be off, but he looked torn.

“They could use me on the walls,” he told the adventurers.

“The boy has no business out in the Cold Wood,” Cliant, the bartender, said. “He’s no adventurer.

“The wolves are out in force and riled,” Keladara the druidess said. “You will have to find a way past them if you don’t want to fight the whole pack.”

“You will bring Irene home,” Curdy asserted anxiously.

[sblock=Actions]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana AC 17 12/12
Garrett AC 18 15/15
Haldor AC 12 11/11
Liam AC 16 10/10
Mindra AC 15 11/11
Theremin AC 15 10/10
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]

Initiative

Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra ahead of the torchlight, Haldor and Liam, Coriana, Theremin, Garrett
Travel activity:
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
We will bring her home, but she may be in love with yours truly Theremin thinks to himself. The grin on his face transforms into an accolade to the boy "Don't worry Curdy, we will bring your sweetheart back!" he says, as he slaps the boy's shoulder. "Now, off we go, glory or death await us!" he adds, flamboyantly.

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Mindra nods to Curdy. "Stay with your friends here. It would be a shame to recover Irene and lose the other half of the pair in the process." She then turns to Keladara. "So is there another way out of here beside the main gate? If not we might try going over one of the walls."

Remove ads