D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Essess/Bredonshire/Timberhand Logging Camp
29 Mother/1:57 AM
Weather: 78 F/25 C; No wind; Light rain
Round 0

“Just the main gate,” Curdy said to Mindra, shaking his head. “We got plenty of rope, though, if you want to go over the wall. You could try the river, but I wouldn’t advise swimming. It’s very cold and swift. We do have a raft tied up, but you would be poling upstream.”

Orves returned to the saloon. He steered clear of Mindra as he answered Coriana, “These wolves are smart. They’re stayin’ out of the light. We don’t have guard towers, just some platforms on the wall corners.”

The foreman looked to the others. “Most of the wolves seem ta have shifted to between us an’ the woods, with just a few watchin’ the gate. They seem intent on keepin’ us in here an’ out of the woods,” he said with a scowl.

“If you move quickly, you might be able to make the woods before they notice you,” Keladora said, rising again from her work. “Then you can evade them in the trees, perhaps. I can offer a spell that could speed your steps.”

She started casting spells, touching each one of them, and they felt strength and energy charge their legs.

OOC: You now have Longstrider for an hour.

[sblock=Actions]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana AC 17 12/12
Garrett AC 18 15/15
Haldor AC 12 11/11
Liam AC 16 10/10
Mindra AC 15 11/11
Theremin AC 15 10/10
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]

Initiative

Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra ahead of the torchlight, Haldor and Liam, Coriana, Theremin, Garrett
Travel Pace: Normal
Travel activity:
Light: Coriana and Garrett with torches; Liam blindsight 30; Mindra, Theremin, and Haldor darkvision 60.
[/sblock]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Coriana grumbles, "If we're gonna do this, we better bloody do this now." She starts heading towards the gate then makes a motion for the others to follow.

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Happy to follow Coriana's lead, Mindra grabs her gear and quickly moves to follow after her, but stops to ask Liam if he would like a guide.

"In this case I think I will let other's take the lead for the group, but if my leading you allows us to move faster I'm willing to do so."

OOC: @tglassy If Liam accepts Mindra will offer her arm. If not she will assume he is fine on her own. Either way she way she will immediately move after Coriana.

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam smiles, tips his hat and holds out his arm. "Thankee kindly, ma'am. Saves me the headache."

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Essess/Bredonshire/Timberhand Logging Camp
29 Mother/1:58 AM
Weather: 78 F/25 C; No wind; Light rain
Round 0

The heroes ducked out of the gate of the logging camp and hugged the palisade wall. It was going to take some effort to cross the open space between the camp and the eaves of the forest, where they could hopefully lose the wolves in the trees. But first they had to get past them.

OOC: Okay, we’re going to run this as a skill challenge. Choose someone to make the final Stealth roll. Other players choose another skill to use that they feel will help the group accomplish the goal of getting into the forest safely. Examples could be: Perception, Nature, Survival. Anything you could justify. Try not to do a skill someone else has already done. Write a post in character about how you aid the group. Successes and failures will adjust the DC for the final Stealth check.

[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] [MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION] [MENTION=6857126]NeoNinevite[/MENTION] [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] [MENTION=6774892]RMcCall[/MENTION]

[sblock=Actions]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana AC 17 12/12
Garrett AC 18 15/15
Haldor AC 12 11/11
Liam AC 16 10/10
Mindra AC 15 11/11
Theremin AC 15 10/10
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]

Initiative

Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra ahead of the torchlight, Haldor and Liam, Coriana, Theremin, Garrett
Travel Pace: Normal
Travel activity:
Light: Coriana and Garrett with torches; Liam blindsight 30; Mindra, Theremin, and Haldor darkvision 60.
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: Theremin is a "face", so few other skills that are worth while, so if ok, I'll do a strait up stealth check, but we should let mindra do the last one since her mod is higher

Theremin looks at Mindra, and tells her. "Cover our backs, I am sure you are the most skilled of us". He bows, and then heads off into the darkness.

OOC: stealth check [roll]1d20+6[/roll]
Mindra also gets 1d6 bardic inspiration dice

[sblock=bardic inspiration]You can inspire others through stirring words or music.
To do so, you use a bonus action on your turn to choose
one creature other than y o urse lf within 60 feet o f you
who can hear you. That creature gains one Bardic
Inspiration die, a d6.

Once within the next 10 minutes, the creature can roll
the die and add the number rolled to one ability check,
attack roll, or saving throw it makes. The creature can
wait until after it rolls the d20 before deciding to use the
Bardic Inspiration die, but must decide before the DM
says whether the roll succeeds or fails. Once the Bardic
Inspiration die is rolled, it is lost. A creature can have
only one Bardic Inspiration die at a time[/sblock]

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Mindra leads Liam across the cleared expanse at a dead run, for Liam at least. When they reach the woods Mindra passes Liam off to Theremin and scouts ahead while Garret and Haldor are still catching up. Once she spots the best path forward she motions the others ahead. She will let them pass while keeping an eye out before sprinting ahead of them again to scout some more.

OOC: With the Longstrider spell Mindra's speed is 45'. She will use her mobility to keep moving ahead of the rest of the party to find the stealthiest of quickest route as required.

Skill challenge Stealth check (with inspiration).: 1D20+8+1D6 = [6]+8+[4] = 18

Dice are not cooperating, but it could be worse.

Remove ads