D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Essess/Bredonshire/Cold Woods/Goblin Lair
30 Mother/6:28 AM
Weather: 70 F; No wind; Light rain
Round 0

Theremin recalls the stories of his elven side, and a few texts of lore and myth from his studies at the Academy. Lost in the mists of myth and prehistory, he recalled the story of Asmodeus, the brother of Paladine, grasping for power and attempting to usurp his brother’s position. But Paladine was too powerful and banished Asmodeus to the outer darkness. When Paladine invited the elves to the newly created world, Asmodeus approached and wooed one of their goddesses, Lolth. Unable to directly challenge Paladine, Asmodeus aided Lolth into spreading the corruption of his evil among the elves. This ultimately led to the Cataclysm War where Asmodeus and Lolth were defeated and banished once more. The elves that had succumbed to their temptation were marked by black skin and became known as the drow.

Sayine nodded to Theremin. “Be careful,” she whispered in Sylvan before fluttering off his shoulder as he moved up as everyone got ready for battle.

OOC: I rolled Liam’s initiative to get things going. I’d like to try block initiative this time to see if it works a bit better. I took the average of both sides and compared. Goblins go first this fight.

As Mindra appeared in the doorway, drawing her bow, the goblins on the dais gave a yelp of warning. The shaman spun around and yelled something in goblin, pointing at the adventurers.

The two goblins snatched up shortbows and swords and rushed up to the center of the room, each firing an arrow at Mindra in the doorway. Both arrows pinged harmlessly off the stone walls.

On the dais, the goblin shaman started chanting, waving around a holy scepter.

OOC: Everyone else is up! Mindra, and anyone wishing to attack the shaman, needs to make a Wisdom save against DC 12. If you fail, you cannot attack him, but you may choose another target.

@Charwoman Gene @Lord Twig @Steve Gorak @tglassy

[/OOC]
[sblock=Actions]
Shortbow attacks and damage: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6
1D6+2 = [4]+2 = 6
1D20+4 = [3]+4 = 7
1D6+2 = [1]+2 = 3

[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kfia2eFWHI135hyjdH8Evl5nkadujOyNAZYL0PLMU6Y/edit?usp=sharing

The dark grey areas are where you need darkvision to see, unless someone has lit a torch or the light spell.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana AC 15 9/9
Liam AC 16 10/10
Mindra AC 15 11/11
Theremin AC 15 10/10

Goblin 1 AC 15 7/7
Goblin 2 AC 15 7/7
Shaman AC 10 9/9 (Sanctuary DC 12) 2/3
Sayine AC 15 14/14
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]

Initiative
Goblins 22
Shaman 13
Theremin 22
Sayine (just in case) 16
Mindra 13
Coriana 14
Liam 4

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light: Liam blindsight 30; Mindra and Theremin darkvision 60.
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Remember, I've changed Liam's blindness to being one eyed for the time being, since otherwise he'd be useless at level 1. No more blindsight.

Also, I did do initiative. He got a 4.

Calling on the angelic power within, Liam sent a stream of sacred fire at the goblin in front of him.

OOC: Sacred Flame at G2. DC 14 dex save or take [roll0] radiant damage.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: nope, the shaman is safe

Theremin winces at the evil that this place represents. He first aims at the shaman, but his mind wonders, and shoots instead the second goblin. A slight "twang' can be heard from the illusory rock he is in, but the sound is likely drowned but the combat.

OOC: move: none. Theremin is unseen inside his illusory rock
action: attack with light crossbow
attack[roll0]
damage [roll1]

reaction: reload xbow

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Essess/Bredonshire/Cold Woods/Goblin Lair
30 Mother/6:28 AM
Weather: 70 F; No wind; Light rain
Round 1.2

OOC: Yes, sorry. I did get Liam’s initiative. I guess I had a brain fart while typing. I rolled Theremin’s initiative for him.

As Liam called down holy fire, the goblin staggered as it was slammed by the radiant energy from the heavens.

Theremin’s crossbow bolt goes skittering off of Coriana’s shoulder armor, ruining his shot on the goblin in the room.

OOC: Goblin technically has half cover from Theremin since Mindra and Coriana are in the way. Just FYI in case you wanted to move tactically.

Coriana’s rapier slides right into the goblin and it gurgles up black blood as it sags to the old stone floor.

OOC: And Mindra is up.

[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] [MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION] [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
Dex save vs Sacred Flame: 1D20+2 = [2]+2 = 4

[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kfia2eFWHI135hyjdH8Evl5nkadujOyNAZYL0PLMU6Y/edit?usp=sharing

The dark grey areas are where you need darkvision to see, unless someone has lit a torch or the light spell.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana AC 15 9/9
Liam AC 16 10/10
Mindra AC 15 11/11
Theremin AC 15 10/10

Goblin 2 AC 15 3/7
Shaman AC 10 9/9 (Sanctuary DC 12) 2/3
Sayine AC 15 14/14
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]

Initiative
Goblins 22
Shaman 13
Theremin 22
Sayine (just in case) 16
Mindra 13
Coriana 14
Liam 4

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light: Liam, Mindra, and Theremin darkvision 60.
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin heart jumps when he hits his companion, and whispers sorry in relief when he sees Coriana hasn't been hurt. He'll try to taunt the shama, and hopes his mind doesn't wander again, likely under the influence of magics.

OOC: action: cast [uri]http://engl393-dnd5th.wikia.com/wiki/Vicious_Mockery]Vicious Mockery[/url]
wisdom save dc 12 to see if he can attack the shaman: [roll0]
If success, shaman mus do a wisdom save (DC14) or take [roll1] damage and shaman must do a concentration check (DC10) to maintain concentration on spell.
If wis save fails, target vicious mockery on other goblin.

Note: target has disadvantage on the next attack roll it makes before the end of its next turn.

Move: none (stay inside illusory rock)

Remove ads