D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Essess/Bredonshire/Cold Woods/Goblin Lair
30 Mother/6:28 AM
Weather: 70 F; No wind; Light rain
Round 7.2

Focused on Theremin and his insults, Ralix wasn’t paying much attention to Liam. He saw the flash of holy fire at the last minute and tried to dodge, but it seared along his side, making burning his black jacket to his flesh. The big goblin howled in pain and rage, staggering, breathing heavily, clearly on his last legs.

“I will kill you all!” he shouted, swinging wildly at Mindra, but she easily avoided the clumsy attacks.

OOC: Everyone is up![/OOC}
[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] [MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION] [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
Dex save vs Sacred Flame: 1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12
Attack 1 Mindra: Scimitar attack: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10
1D6+2 = [3]+2 = 5

Attack 2 Mindra: Scimitar attack disadvantage: 2D20.LOW(1)+4 = [11, 1]+4 = 5
1D6+2 = [5]+2 = 7

[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kfia2eFWHI135hyjdH8Evl5nkadujOyNAZYL0PLMU6Y/edit?usp=sharing

The dark grey areas are where you need darkvision to see, unless someone has lit a torch or the light spell.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana AC 15 2/9
Liam AC 16 10/10
Mindra AC 15 11/11
Theremin AC 15 10/10

Ralix AC 17 2/21 hexed (6/10r)
Sayine AC 15 14/14
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]

Initiative: Goblins just eke out ahead of players 14.5/13.5
Goblins 22
Theremin 22
Sayine (just in case) 16
Mindra 13
Coriana 14
Ralix 7
Liam 4

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light: Liam, Mindra, and Theremin darkvision 60.
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30 Mother/6:28 AM
Round 0

Ralix grunts as Coriana’s bolt slams into him. He staggers back, hits the wall, and collapses.

OOC: And we’re out of initiative. Good job! And everyone gets 88 XP. Go ahead and level up to level 2! Congratulations![/OOC}
[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] [MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION] [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kfia2eFWHI135hyjdH8Evl5nkadujOyNAZYL0PLMU6Y/edit?usp=sharing

The dark grey areas are where you need darkvision to see, unless someone has lit a torch or the light spell.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana AC 15 2/9
Liam AC 16 10/10
Mindra AC 15 11/11
Theremin AC 15 10/10

Sayine AC 15 14/14
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]

Goblins 22
Theremin 22
Sayine (just in case) 16
Mindra 13
Coriana 14
Ralix 7
Liam 4

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Once the fight was done, Liam went to the side, by himself. He was nearly useless this entire adventure. He could barely see through his good eye, and couldn't see at all through his bad.

He slammed his fist against the wall, calling out to his guide for help. He needed...he needed something. Something that could help.

There is a way, Zebuel's voice echoed in his head.

"I'll take it," he said out loud, softly to himself.

It will have...adverse effects...

"I don't care. I need to be able to see. Heal my eyes."

That would not help you, he said back. For the gifts I would give will be overwhelming to your eyes in the light. But if you would like, I will awaken a little more of your Angelic heritage. You will see more than most...darkness will be no barrier to you, even darkness conjured by magic. You will also be able to see magic itself as it flows to and fro. But...until you learn to handle the power, bright light will still be a hindrance to you, as it will overwhelm your vision. Many children of the Angels never grow to where they can use this new sight in broad daylight. Do you accept?

"Yes," he said, without hesitation.

He felt the touch of his patron, a familiar feeling of his Angelic side taking hold once more. His eyes...they shifted, changed. He could feel them becoming something...more.

Instantly, his vision shifted, his bad eye became good. He could see!

But it was too bright in here. He had to close his eyes to keep it from overwhelming him. He could squint, and barely make out more than he could before, but his eyes felt...better. Healed, in a way.

He breathed a sigh of relief. He wasn't whole. Not yet. But he was getting closer.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out the sash he sometimes wore over his eyes when he was getting used to being blind. He put it on for now. He could open his eyes when it was on, and his heightened eyes could see well enough through them. A little better than before, actually. Everyone else would think him blind, still, with the heavy black cloth on his face. Oh, they would be surprised, wouldn't they?

OOC: Since the blindness became such a detriment, not nearly as easy to work around as I was hoping, now that he's leveled up (thank god!), I'm going to make it so his new eyes, from Devil's Sight and Eldridge Sight, make his eyes too sensitive to function normally in light, so he has to wear some kind of sash (or shades, if those are even possible in this setting), to block the light so he can see in normal light. Basically, I'm fluffing the blindness from here on. Sorry for all the shifting around with this guy. I've never had a character take so long to get down, before.

Sent from my iPad using EN World

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"That last blast took nearly all I had left," thought Coriana. Then she heard HIS voice. "EXCELLENT MY BLADE, you have done well. I will now allow more of my power to flow through you, protecting you in battle, and reveal to you what lies in darkness."

Coriana stands tall, her wounds still obvious but seemingly much improved.

OOC: _: 1D4+4 = [3]+4 = 7
Fiendish Vigor
Took Devil's Sight so I now see better than everyone but the the blind guy.
[sblock=Mini Stats]AC: 15 Init: +2
HP: 8+7/15 Hit Dice: 2 / 2 [1d8+1]
Pact Magic Slots: 1 SR (2)
Slot Level: 1
Concentration: Hex
[/sblock]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
30 Mother/6:29 AM
Round 0

Ralix’s nice black coat and top hat were now shredded and bloody as he lay there dead with a smoking hole in his chest from Coriana’s eldritch blast. Three other goblins lay dead in this room, another three, including the priest, in the chapel outside. A wooden chest sat in the corner beside the flower-strewn bed furs.

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map]

[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana AC 15 2/9
Liam AC 16 10/10
Mindra AC 15 11/11
Theremin AC 15 10/10

Sayine AC 15 14/14
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]

Goblins 22
Theremin 22
Sayine (just in case) 16
Mindra 13
Coriana 14
Ralix 7
Liam 4

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
[/sblock]

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam moved to the chest and examined it for traps, then opened it.

OOC: Investigation: [roll0]

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Last edited:

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Mindra takes a deep breath as the Goblin groom finally falls. Then, looking back at Coriana and Liam, she frowns. They were both acting strange. Like something significant just happened, but she doesn't know what it is.

Pulling out a cloth, Liam to covers his eyes and walks over to a chest. He looks as though he is trying to inspect it. Mindra shakes her head and walks over to him.

"No offence, but shouldn't you leave this type of thing to me?"

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam grinned at her. In his excitement to use his new eyes, he'd almost forgotten others weren't privy to them.

He found he really didn't mind that.

He stood and moved away, "It's all yours, darlin."

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Remove ads