Heroes of the Elemental Chaos

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I picked it up on Friday but have barely cracked it open yet since I'm prepping seven sessions for Genghis Con this weekend. I've love to read and review it, but I haven't gotten the chance and probably won't for another week or so.

RoboCheney

First Post
I'm really far behind the curve, I just picked up the DMG 2. Which I might add is a fantastic product.

But post a review of Heroes of Chaos, I'll definitely read it, even if its a while before I pick it up ;)

Wednesday Boy

The Nerd WhoFell to Earth
I ordered it as soon as I heard about it. I like Heroes of Shadow and Heroes of the Feywild, so I'm eagerly waiting it's arrival!

keterys

First Post
It's got a bunch of fun stuff in it. I'm looking forward to playing with the new sorcerer and monk stuff at some point.

chaoshead87

Explorer
I can not wait to get this book.

I have been looking forward to this book since it was announced.

I have it pre-ordered and hope it comes enough before the 25th that I can read it and throw some new stuff at my players.

Chaoshead

Kynn

Adventurer
Themes: (is it me or are themes starting to look like PrCs?)

It's not just you.

The Elemental Chaos book sounds nice, I just find it hard to justify buying anything more for 4e given the shelf-life of the game system and the fact I'll get most of the mechanical information via my DDI subscription anyway.

Tony Vargas

Legend
Updated the review (first post) with more about the classes.

Kynn: yeah, I know, the end of an ed is sad, especially when so premature. I won't say that HoEC is worth it for the fluff, alone, but the crunch definitely doesn't tell the whole story. It's certainly worth it if you don't sub DDI or prefer dead trees.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
I have an Amazon credit burning a hole in my e-wallet, so I'm probably going to get it.

(It's a shame that neither of the FLGSes in my town are interested in selling me product, or they'd get the moola instead of the fatcats at Amazon, but that's their problem.)

Kynn

Adventurer
Updated the review (first post) with more about the classes.

Kynn: yeah, I know, the end of an ed is sad, especially when so premature. I won't say that HoEC is worth it for the fluff, alone, but the crunch definitely doesn't tell the whole story. It's certainly worth it if you don't sub DDI or prefer dead trees.

Honestly, I will probably just read it in a Barnes & Noble sometime.

If I thought 4e wasn't already a lame duck, I probably would have bought it. I'm a big Al Qadim fan, and it seems they've integrated several AQ concepts into this book, such as the sha'ir.

Remove ads