• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes of the Elemental Chaos

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
np, I did ask if the release of HotEC had been overshadowed by the announcement of 5e, I guess it has... ;)

It's a shame because I am really looking forward to this book and I think it will revitalise my current game.

(And I am much more excited about my current game than I am about the next edition of D&D....)

Vael

Legend
I too am interested in this book, but that`s because I`m playing a monk in one of our campaigns, and I`m interested in seeing if there`s anything of interest in it for me.

Holy Bovine

First Post
[MENTION=996]Tony Vargas[/MENTION] - about how many pages of 'fluff' devoted to the Elemental Chaos and its environs/history would you say there is in the book ?

Hi there,

I am interested in this book, but I am wondering did they fix the flaws from the Imix and Ogremoch in MM3 with the Cryonax and Yan-ci-bin entries?

Specifically that of making all the detailed subordinates utterly useless when running encounters wherein the goal is to face the BBEG themselves.

e.g.

Imix = Level 32 Solo Controller

Chosen of Imix = Level 22 Controller
Conflagration Orb = Level 20 Artillery
Flameborn = Level 15 Artillery (Leader)

others Level 5, 6, 7 and 8

I can understand the idea of having different strata representing the cult and Imix' own realm but there was just too big a gap between Imix and all his other subordinates. The difference was just as pronounced with Ogremoch.

keterys

First Post
I think the theory is that you foreshadow the fight against the big bad throughout the campaign, so you need those lower levels to sprinkle through.

Remove ads