• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms

Oulak

First Post
Thank you so much for the tid-bits so far! I actually approve of the Cat's Grace, etc powers that last all the live long day. The buff seems small enough to not throw the balance off, but still enough to make a difference.

I have just a few questions, please answer as time and interest permit:
1. Does the season a sentinel druid chooses have any additional effect on their "Healing Word" power?

2. What is the "Hear the Voice of Nature" ability sentinel druids gain at level 7

3. Is "Restore Life" a word for word reprint of the warpriest's "Ressurection" power?

4. (bonus question) Heat Metal and Shillelagh are a surprising addition to the Druid's level 1 dailies. Heat Metal in it's previous incarnations seems too much of a corner-case for 4e, how is it handled here?​

Klaus

First Post
This is my first read-through, so take with a grain of salt - I may have missed some of the finer details.

SENTINEL DRUID: It looks like you get ONE of THREE at-will attack powers at first level:
-Dynamic Assault (WIS vs AC, weapon, one ally can move and gain bonus to Athletics)
- Reap the Harvest (WIS vs AC, weapon, target takes Con mod damage when next missed by an ally)
- Tending Strike (WIS vs AC, weapon, one ally within 5 gains temp hp).

However, your animal companion has an at-will power. You use a standard action to command your animal companion to use their standard action at-will, if that makes sense.

WOLF: your level +5 vs AC, 1d8+WIS mod + CON mod damage

BEAR: your level +5 vs AC, 1d12+ WIS mod + CON mod damage

Damage scales at 13th and 23rd level.

So, the druid hisself gets one at-will, but your animal companion also has an at-will and acts on your standard action.

COMBINED ATTACK - your encounter power, allows you to attack and then your animal companion can MOVE and then use it's AT-WILL.

Note that your animal companion gets a move action each time you get a move action, although it seems you have to spend your minor action to give it a minor action.

Oddly, if your animal companion is more than 20 squares away, it can act independantly.

Don't see anything about auras, sorry. I may be missing something.
Re: auras: Each animal companion has an aura (bear, for instance, has a +2 defenses aura).

I guess the question is: do the animal companions improve/change at higher levels (a Large bear, perhaps?)

Avalon_Fates

First Post
Howdy, thanks for the information its a life saver for those stuck waiting for the release, I have three questions I'm after answers for and thank you in advanced~

Question 1. What are the daily options for Hexblades at level 1?

Question 2. What does improved pact weapon do? (level 3 class feature)

and most importantly. What is the Fey level 4 Lesser Planar Ally? Is it anything cool?

I'm looking forward to finding out~

vaultdweller

First Post
A bit disappointed that the only new Expertise feat seems to be Rod expertise. I had hoped that all weapon groups and implements would get appropriate Expertise feats.

Are there any new Ranger utilities of feats that strike you as particularly interesting or potent?

yesnomu

First Post
Yikes, that is really disappointing about the at-wills. They're so vanilla, and you only get one! The beastmaster ranger isn't penalized for their animals having an MBA... which considering the lack of enhancement bonus is basically what the animal's attack is.

The Sentinel looks like the least effective and interesting leader yet, unfortunately. Hoping for some really nice dailies.

DRUID KNACKS

Beast Empathy: [...] Insight check to get basic messages from its body language.
...Really, WotC? Nature doesn't cover that already? You wouldn't let a druid without this knack read animal body language?

Thanks a lot for putting this stuff up, Fiery_Dragon. I really appreciate it, even if the news isn't what I'd hope.

Fiery_Dragon

First Post
Hey, um, what's the virtue of valor benefit please?

Virtue of Valor

Level 1: +4 to Init, +2 healing surge value
Level 1 At-Will: Vengeful Strike (STR vs AC, melee weapon, standard action): 1[W] + STR mod radiant damage. If at least one bloodied ally is withing 5, target takes extra CHA mod radiant damage. MISS: +2 to next attack against target.

Level 7: When you use Righteous Shield Pally ability you gain bonus to next damage roll.

Level 11: Valorous Action - when you spend an action point, you gain +2 to attack, or +4 if one bloodied ally is within 5.

Fiery_Dragon

First Post
A bit disappointed that the only new Expertise feat seems to be Rod expertise. I had hoped that all weapon groups and implements would get appropriate Expertise feats.

Are there any new Ranger utilities of feats that strike you as particularly interesting or potent?

New Ranger Utilities are things that let you manipulate your environment like:

Bridge of Roots (you create a ... bridge of roots... ignore hindering terrain and pits and stuff); Entangling Roots; Stalker's Mist (creates obscurred zone which you can move around); Healing Lore (target spends a surge); Leaf Wall; Thorn Ward; Hunter's Thorn Trap; Verdant Flames; Howling Winds; Wall of Earth ...

That's the Hunter. Basically, lots of zone/wall creation.

For Scout, most are similar, and: Oak Skin (resistance to damage), Ranger's Agility (speed bonus), Safe Passage (ignore difficult terrain), Step of the Morning Mist (teleport 5), Root Gate (teleport zones), Scout's Strike (double speed, ignore terrain), etc.

Remove ads