• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdoms

Roslyn

First Post
Hi, would love to know, does the Fey Pact Hexblade's At-Will melee attack contain the following (as the Infernal Pact in the Preview does, but the Star Pact in Dragon does not):

Special: You can use this power as a melee basic attack.

Thanks!

Ahwe Yahzhe

First Post
Hi, would love to know, does the Fey Pact Hexblade's At-Will melee attack contain the following (as the Infernal Pact in the Preview does, but the Star Pact in Dragon does not):

Special: You can use this power as a melee basic attack.

Thanks!
The fey pact weapon (minor action to manifest) is the blade of winter's mourning (rapier). The at-will power for it is icy skewer (CHA vs. AC, [W]+CHA cold damage, grants +2 defenses against target's attack UENT), which must be used with your fey pact weapon. And it does have "Special: You can use this power as a melee basic attack."

-AY

Roslyn

First Post
Another question!

I got the (probably mistaken) impression somewhere that the Tiefling's Infernal Wrath mechanic has changed again.

Can anyone confirm or deny this, please? Much appreciated!

The Choice

First Post
Another question!

I got the (probably mistaken) impression somewhere that the Tiefling's Infernal Wrath mechanic has changed again.

From what I can see in the ''Changes Coming in Essentials'' document and my perusing of Heroes of the Forgotten Kingdom, they haven't changed anything from the revised ability.

WalterKovacs

First Post
Another question!

It's the same as what it was changed to in the May 2010 errata (free action, deals fire damage to an enemy that hits you with an attack).

FreeTheSlaves

Adventurer
What's the verdict with the cavalier smite - is it just another encounter (W) die or something a bit more cool?

Thanks in advance

(Yes yes I know - too many paladin questions from me :blush: )

Mr. Teapot

First Post
Hmm... A warlock really benefits from being in the middle of the enemies when the wizard drops that fireball... Can a boon trigger more than once in a single turn?

Even if they could, it would only possibly help Fey Pact Hexblades in rare circumstances. The Infernal Hexblade's temporary Hit points wouldn't stack, nor would the Star Pact's bonus to hit.

Ahwe Yahzhe

First Post
What's the verdict with the cavalier smite - is it just another encounter (W) die or something a bit more cool?
Well, there's the encounter 1st level free action Holy Smite, which is triggered when "you target an enemy with an at-will," dealing 2+CHA radiant damage. If you hit, the target is dazed UENT. All the level 5 daily powers are also Smites, just like other Paladin builds (chilling smite, fiery smite.)

Thanks in advance

(Yes yes I know - too many paladin questions from me :blush: )

You could always XP me... :)
-AY

Last edited:

Oulak

First Post
There are 4 new types of magic armor (plus Magic Armor), There are 2 new types of magic weapon (plus Defensive Weapon and Magic Weapon)...

Are these 4 new armors and 2 new weapons something we've already seen in other sources, or are they completely new with Essentials? What are they called?

Remove ads