• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season Two Resuming?

rowport

First Post
Hey, there, does anybody have any insight on whether Heroes will resume now that the writers strike is over? I know there was supposed to be an Origins show which got cancelled, but not sure about the rest of the regular season.

drothgery

First Post
According to everything I've read, Heroes won't be returning until fall. They decided that they didn't want to stop in the middle of the 'villians' arc or to try and cut it down to 3-4 episodes, and those were the only options if they wanted to get back on a conventional production schedule starting with next season.

A lot of heavily serialized shows are in pretty much the same boat; the next season of 24 might not show up until 2009.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Ditto to what drothgery said. My understanding is that the third season will begin this fall, and will be a full-length season like the first one was.

LightPhoenix

First Post
I believe it was Hayden Pantierre who mentioned that they won't be coming back until next season. However, it completely makes sense.

One problem is, what do you do with a highly serialized show in five episodes? That's not a whole lot of time to get the ball rolling again, especially coming off of a cliffhanger.

Another problem was the general discontent over the second season, it wouldn't surprise me if they took the extra time to refocus and do some more planning rather than rush something out the door.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
On the plus side, that schedule leaves open the possibility for many of the Heroes to try their hand at a film or two. I think it is good for an actor to get in a couple of films while their (popular) series is still doing well, rather than to try and jumpstart a movie career when the series is over and the fans are less likely to give the star a chance to show another facet of their abilities until a number of years have passed.

rowport

First Post
Mark said:
On the plus side, that schedule leaves open the possibility for many of the Heroes to try their hand at a film or two. I think it is good for an actor to get in a couple of films while their (popular) series is still doing well, rather than to try and jumpstart a movie career when the series is over and the fans are less likely to give the star a chance to show another facet of their abilities until a number of years have passed.
Thanks, folks!

I agree with you, Mark. Hey, I would go watch most anything featuring Masi Oka-- I love that guy!

EDIT: Admittedly, he might bring in a smaller female audience than some of the other Heroes cast members. LOL

Steel_Wind

Legend
I honestly don't think it is clear at this stage what will happen.

NBC announced yesterday that the show is restarting production immediately. When they will resume showing episodes is very unclear.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
I had heard it was not expected to return until the fall. Along with the story issues, the time and cost of post- production work didn't make it worthwhile for just a few more episodes this season. That said, I would not be surprised if NBC decided they REALLY wanted some new episodes for May sweeps and applied some presssure to make sure it would happen.

Now the bigger question is: will we get some new Chuck to go with it?

Felon

First Post
Thornir Alekeg said:
Now the bigger question is: will we get some new Chuck to go with it?
I pray to whatever entities of light or darkness will answer that Chuck be a casualty of the strike. Sometimes people have to be protected from their own judgment.

Remove ads