• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hero's Quest (Solo Eberron Campaign)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
You quickly make good of the last hobgoblin and even manage to dodge the wild swings of the bugbear. What stings you more are the energy-balls the goblin keeps hurling at you. You are able to open a gash in the leg of the bugbear before retreating to the balcony.

OOC: at the end of the last round you drop from 13 to 9. I guess that cues your withdraw to the balcony. You get another 2 damage at the end of this round from one more energy ball. The crossbow is still on the balcony BTW.

Kaodi

Hero
While he is feeling rather beat up, Valsamath is quite pleased with himself as makes his way back onto the balcony. He attempts to open the door or window into the building. If he can do that, he will enter and get out of the way of danger, for the moment, but if the door is locked he will attempt to heal himself.

Body Adjustment: 1d12=2

( Body adjustment is a 1 round action, so either he gets inside and does it on the next round or starts it this round. If hit again, he will have to make a concentration check to finish. )

Valsamath
HP: 43/7
AC: 19 (Touch 12, Flat-Footed 17)
Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3
BAB/Grapple: +3/+4
Melee Atk: +5 (1d8+2 19-20/x2, +1 Longsword)
Power Points: 14/10
Action Points: 7
Active Buffs: Biofeedback (DR 2/-)

Blackrat

You start healing yourself there on the balcony since the door is locked when the most unlikely happens. First you see a huge blade erupting from the chest of the bugbear. It takes a heartbeat for you to realize that somebody just threw a greatsword that pierced the beast. The next thing you know is that three humans walk to the alley. One points a wand at the wall next to the goblin and a purplish tentacle grows from the wall, grabs the poor goblin by the throat and squeezes the life from it. One of the humans has a rapier in his hand and you realize that he is dressed very much like you. It is quite dark and you quess that from afar anyone might have mistaken you for him.

Kaodi

Hero
Valsamath looks to see if there is anywhere he might be able to flee to even further up, but if not, settles for calmly continuing to heal himself, and hopes that the newcomers are not also interested in a fight.

Body Adjustment: 1d12=8

Valsamath
HP: 43/9
Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3
Power Points: 14/7

Blackrat

The man with the wand kneels next to one of the hobgoblin bodies and starts searching for ID's. The other one marches to the bugbear and forces the sword from the body. The last one (the one with similar clothes as you) calls to you. "You okay? Seems you've had quite a sport here."

Kaodi

Hero
Nodding cautiously, Valsamath says, " Were I a less seasoned warrior, I may have been in a spot of trouble, but as it is I live while they do not. "

Taking a moment to survey the carnage he has wrought, he asks, " I think they mistake me for you, but what cause would they have to set such a devilish trap and be so willing to risk their lives in its execution? "

Body Adjustment: 1d12=11

Valsamath
HP: 43/17
Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3
Power Points: 14/4

Blackrat

The other man has produced a rag from the hobgoblin's pocket and mutters something to the man you're speaking with. He sheats the rapier and answers you. "It seems these were of the Bloody Fist gang. Quite notorious here in Sharn. I'm afraid I have ticked them quite badly. Long story. I can share it with you around a table filled with mugs of ale. By my count this would be whole third of the gang. Including all their elites. I'd be honoured to buy a round for such a hero." The last man has by now cleaned the greatsword and sheathed in to his back. You notice that the two men are wearing definite uniforms but from that far you can't tell of which organization.

Kaodi

Hero
Sheathing his sword, Valsamath cautiously making his way down from the balcony.

" A drink would do me well right about now, he says, still a little guarded. " I thank you for your offer. "

Approaching the man, he extends his hand in greeting, " I am known as Valsamath. "

Valsamath
HP: 43/28
Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3
Power Points: 14/4

Blackrat

Getting down and closer you notice that the two men are wearing uniforms of King's Citadel. These guys are special police-force. The other one is big and muscular and the other about the average. The man you was talking to offers you his hand and answers. "I'm known as Nephaestos, and these are my friends. The smaller is called Iod and the big one Beau." As he talks the smaller goes on to search the female hobgoblin. He returns soon and hands you a ring. "Your kill, your prize." He simply explains.

Kaodi

Hero
Valsamath nods slowly and says, " My thanks. "

" Do you think we should linger to see what else can be salvaged from them, or do we leave it for the watch? " he asks as he slips the ring into his backpack for future examination.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads