• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hero's Quest (Solo Eberron Campaign)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Kaodi said:
( Jeez, when I roll great damage I miss, and when I roll a possible hit I do minimum... )
OOC: Cruel ;) .

The goblin dodges under your blade but you slash the hobgobling across her chest wounding her quite badly. They all take hits against you but your skill with swords is greater and you parry all the goblins's attacks. Unfortunatily though, as your sword is on your back, parrying the little morningstar, the hobgoblin manages to take a swing at you. Luckily, your resolve once again turns that blow harmless.

OOC: Darn, you're not the only one rolling minimum on damage.

Kaodi

Hero
Emboldened by the feeble attacks of his enemies, Valsamath unleashes a powerful backhand swing with Scimitar, but his aim is too high to connect. Though he does not let it show, he is so far very unhappy with his performance so far, at least when on the offensive. Accordingly, he adjusts his footing and prepares to intercept the incoming attacks before striking again, hopefully with better results.

Attack: 1d20+2=10, Damage: 1d8+5=8

( Power Attack )

Blackrat

OOC: This battle is really taking time, to speed it at least a little I'll let you know that they each have an AC 14. That way you can instantly react to hits and misses.

Your enemies try to hack at you but your sword is always there, blocking the feeble attempts. The creatures are obviously starting to fear you as they see that you are not as easy target as they hoped for.

Kaodi

Hero
Attack: 1d20+5=10, Damage: 1d8+2=10

Valsamath notes the creatures doubts, but is confounded by his own bad luck, again.

( Jesus Christ, out of twelve rolls so far I have rolled about average, a natural 11+, only three times! In the interest of really speeding things up, after your next post I will post Valsamath's action for the next five rounds, with contingencies for certain results and conditions. )

Last edited:

Blackrat

The tide of the battle seems to change a bit when you notice two more hobgoblins arrive at the end of the alley. They have longbows in their hands and they take shots at you but only the other hits. He only scratches you though. The melee opponents again attacks you but feebly miss, one of the goblins even fumbles with his morningstar and drops it.

OOC: Hey, I just rolled a nat 1, two 8's, 10, 12 and 20. Confirmation on that crit was 7 though. After taking account your DR again, this round you get 1 damage. This will be even more long battle than I anticipated.

Here's a map so you can get the point where everything is.

Attachments

• alley.bmp
    9.4 KB · Views: 60

Kaodi

Hero
( Okay, here goes. )

Attack: 1d20+5=6, Damage: 1d8+2=6, Attack 2: 1d20+5=15, Damage 2: 1d8+2=4, Attack 3: 1d20+5=13, Damage 3: 1d8+2=9, Attack 4: 1d20+5=12, Damage 4: 1d8+2=4, Attack 5: 1d20+5=18, Damage 5: 1d8+2=8

( Those are my attack rolls for the next five rounds. If at any point I fall below 22 hit points, Valsamath will flee to the balcony using the withdraw action, taking however many attacks of opportunity are necessary, and then try to get out of the way so that he can heal without taking more attacks, and then think about getting back in the fight. All attacks are on the hobgoblin until she goes down, the whichever goblin in behind me, relative to the archers. )

Valsamath
HP: 43/37
AC: 19 (Touch 12, Flat-Footed 17)
Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3
BAB/Grapple: +3/+4
Melee Atk: +5 (1d8+2 19-20/x2, +1 Longsword)
Power Points: 14/13
Action Points: 7
Active Buffs: Biofeedback (DR 2/-)

( So, now out of seventeen rolls, three have been above average. That is bloody ridiculous. )

Last edited:

Blackrat

The battle ensues for a while, blows are traded and the hobgoblin falls early but before she falls she slashes you with her axe. After that you turn your attention to the goblins, finally dropping with a single blow one of them. A few arrows hit you but only one of them manages to hurt you as it lodges in your buttock. The goblins hack you with all their might but only one gets a hit past your defences but again your mind is stronger than the steel.

OOC: H1 and G1 are dead. after DR you get 4 damage from the hobgoblin before she dies and 6 damage from one arrow.

The next 5 please ;) .

Heh, yeah. I use the SRD page's roller if you wondered and it too tends to give quite low. Not that bad though but you have quite a good AC.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
1d20+5=22, 1d8+2=9,
1d20+5=11, 1d8+2=4,
1d20+5=22, 1d8+2=5,
1d20+5=7, 1d8+2=8,
1d20+5=20, 1d8+2=7

( Now we are talking. 5' step into where G1 was standing, attack that goblin, G2 I think. After he goes down, attack G3 until he goes down, trying to keep him between the archers and me until he does for cover, and then move forward to attack archers. )

Valsamath
HP: 43/28
Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3

Blackrat

The battle seems to move to your favor as you kill one of the goblins right away and trade couple of blows with the last one before slaying him also. You run under the flying arrows to the archers but get few hits during the fight with the last goblin. The first hobgoblin dodges your first blow but the other hit guts him. The Hobs drop their bows as you reach them and draw swords.
You hear a strange cackle accompanied with a low growl from the other end of the alley. You glance over your shoulder to see a goblin in nothing but a loincloth and a huge bugbear.

OOC: G2, G3 and H3 are dead. You take total of 7 damage from arrows.

Updated situation:

Attachments

• alley.bmp
    9.4 KB · Views: 64

Kaodi

Hero
Sweat beading on his forehead, Valsamath quips upon seeing the two new combatants, " Whoever this trap was for must have really ticked you guys off... "

1d20+5=7, 1d8+2=6,
1d20+5=14, 1d8+2=3,
1d20+5=9, 1d8+2=3,
1d20+5=14, 1d8+2=4,
1d20+5=20, 1d8+2=4

( He steps into where the second hobgoblin went down, and will keep trying to maneuver behind the last hobgoblin. Guessing that the bugbear is coming for him next. When the hobgoblin goes down, he will attack whoever is in melee with him at that point, I am guessing the bugbear. If he drops below 12 hp, he withdraws instead of continuing the attack, again looking for somewhere he can run up to keep him safe while he heals. When running on walls though, he must begin and end his move action on a flat surface. )

Valsamath
HP: 43/21
Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3

Remove ads